Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

This Boy
This Boy
by Alan Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: This Boy (Hardcover)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book; I was born near this area just after the war but we were nowhere near as poverty stricken as Alan Johnson and we soon moved away from London. We visited London quite often afterwards as we had relations still living there and this book reminded me of how grim life was in London just after the war. It's left me with a great admiration of Alan Johnson -- he's achieved so much after such a sad start in life.

PANASONIC DMC-SZ1 & DMC-SZ5 ORIGINAL LUMIX CAMERA CASE
PANASONIC DMC-SZ1 & DMC-SZ5 ORIGINAL LUMIX CAMERA CASE
Offered by magicdiscounts

3.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and small, 17 Aug 2013
but I can't fit the spare battery into it anywhere. The camera fits into it well but I need the spare compartment as well.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-SZ3EB-V Compact Camera - Violet (16.1MP, 10x Optical Zoom with Leica DC Lens, 25mm Wide Angle Lens, HD Video Recording) 2.7 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars love this camera, 17 Aug 2013
The best camera is the one you have with you, and this fits in my handbag or in my dog-walking bag, so it's always there ready to use. It's fast focussing, has a hold-steady so no camera shake and with a Leica lens it can't be faulted.

William Armes Kilkis Washable Kitchen Rug  Terracotta 100x67cm
William Armes Kilkis Washable Kitchen Rug Terracotta 100x67cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Good., 4 Jan 2013
This is a nice little rug. I was using it in the hall to catch wet dog paws but they could jump over it instead.

Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 (2 PCs, 1 User)
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 (2 PCs, 1 User)
Offered by Convey Solutions

3.0 out of 5 stars Not used to it yet, 4 Jan 2013
I don't like the ribbon - it seems to do exactly as it wants so I'll have to apply the grey cells to work out how to make it do what I want instead.

Lenovo Q180 Ultra Small Form Factor Desktop PC (Black) (Intel Atom D2550 1.86GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, AMD Graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 4 Jan 2013
Tiny but sits really well on my desk. I tried using Parallels on my minimac but it was like swimming in treacle so bought this Lenovo to do the things a Mac can't. VERY pleased.

Vitabiotics Jointace Aromatic Massage Gel - 75ml
Vitabiotics Jointace Aromatic Massage Gel - 75ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 4 Jan 2013
I have arthritic ankles and apply Jointace at bedtime. It really works, I can move around quite easily when I get out of bed in the morning. Smells good too!

Dare 2B Outfield Men's Ski Jacket - Black, Medium
Dare 2B Outfield Men's Ski Jacket - Black, Medium

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 4 Jan 2013
The fabric is hard, the main zip is only one way and the pocket zips cut into the skin on my hands. There are many pockets, which is good, but the coat is nowhere near as good as the Dare2be jacket I had before.

High quality external USB2.0 DVD Combo drive (read DVD, burn CD) for all notebooks, netbooks and desktop PCs (white)
Offered by sc_computerecke

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy purchase, 10 Aug 2012
I'm very happy with this, it works fine with my MacMini and MacBook Pro, and also through Parallels on the Mac so I can run Windows 7. It was delivered very quickly after ordering and was well packaged.

Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer in Gloss White with Liquidiser
Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer in Gloss White with Liquidiser
Offered by Hughes Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, 26 Sep 2011
I have made bread, yorkshire puddings and lovely cakes with this. My only worry is the amount of weight I'm going to put on eating it all. Very nice cookery book with it but it doesn't give details such as using the blender to grind granulated sugar into iceing sugar and basic recipes such as lemon meringue pie. My mother's Kenwood Chef lasted donkeys years and the recipe book mentioned both these things. I hope my Kenwood lasts as long.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2011 2:57 PM BST