Profile for M. Mcginn > Reviews

Karrimor Men's Aruba 1 Grey/Blush Sandal K077GBS149 6 UK
Karrimor Men's Aruba 1 Grey/Blush Sandal K077GBS149 6 UK
Offered by OutdoorGear Outdoor Experts

4.0 out of 5 stars Wide but so comfortable, 2 Aug. 2011
These feel great. There was no breaking-in period, they were comfortable from the first wear. The only thing I dislike is the wide rim around the sole which makes them look a bit clunky and mannish. The fit is good as the straps are adjustable. I wouldn't wear them when meeting friends even when dressed very casually as I just don't like the look of them. But overall a good buy.

Oscar and the Snail: A Book About Things That We Use
Oscar and the Snail: A Book About Things That We Use
by Geoff Waring

5.0 out of 5 stars One to read over and over, 3 Jun. 2011
Our son loves this. We got it for him when he was just over 3 and it's been picked up often over the last 10 months. The illustrations are appealing, the story is entertaining and interesting and as parents, it's nice to have a book like this to guide learning. Great series.

Cozyosko Reversible Buggy Bag with Train (Red/ Dark Blue)
Cozyosko Reversible Buggy Bag with Train (Red/ Dark Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 3 Jun. 2011
Such a cosy little nest and the colours are gorgeous! I've had loads of compliments and DS has been very snug in this all winter. It's nice to be able to leave it on with the cover removed in warmer weather too. I got the train design, it's lovely. Has washed well too.

Fly London Yakin, Women's Wedge Sandals
Fly London Yakin, Women's Wedge Sandals
Price: £79.99 - £85.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Rear strap badly designed, 3 Jun. 2011
This is my third pair of Fly shoes and they have the comfort, sole and height that I love, but the design of these shoes is not great in my view. The comfort of the soft leather is useless if the shoes don't feel secure. I have to keep tightening the rear strap to the max and yet it still feels loose shortly afterwards, the velcro seems to 'give' a bit. Plus the strap doesn't sit at the right height!! It doesn't stay put at the obvious point above the roundness of the heel, but is designed to go a bit further down, which I find much less comfortable. I've had these sandals about 2 months now and have worn them only a handful of times, and not for long. I want to love them but they just are a constant hassle.

Oscar's Half Birthday
Oscar's Half Birthday
by Bob Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars Stands out from the book-crowd, 8 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Oscar's Half Birthday (Paperback)
This is a gorgeous story and just that bit different - the setting, the characters, the story that unfolds, all are lovely. I find this book draws me in each time I read it and my son loves it.

Fly London Women's Yale Wedge Sandal Textile
Fly London Women's Yale Wedge Sandal Textile

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 8 Feb. 2011
So comfortable straight out of the box. My feet are narrow-to-average and they are a great fit. The colour is a nice port-wine and the height is excellent.

Wanted Door Hanger, Monkey, White
Wanted Door Hanger, Monkey, White

1.0 out of 5 stars Too narrow, 8 Feb. 2011
Our doors are standard sized, or at least I presume they are given that our house is a recent build in a no-frills estate. These were far too narrow to fit the door.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2012 3:53 PM BST

The House That Jack Built
The House That Jack Built
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fun, nice pace, 8 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The House That Jack Built (Toy)
Our 3 year old loves this and it is great to have a board game that we can all play together. The die with only colours on it is a fantastic idea. What's great about this game is that it moves nice and quickly so no time for kiddie impatience to set in. By the time you have found the piece you've earned and fitted it into your house, it's your turn again! This game and the peppa pig oversized snakes and ladders are our son's favourite games to play.

The Tale of Custard the Dragon
The Tale of Custard the Dragon
by Ogden Nash

5.0 out of 5 stars Custard is as much fun as ever!!, 16 Nov. 2009
I loved this entertaining and lively story when I was young and my 2 year old is addicted to it now! The rhymes are easy for him to become familiar with and he loves joining in at the end of the lines. He really likes the illustrations too and pours over the details. The gorgeous use of words make it a pleasure to read this to him over and over.

Come Away With Me
Come Away With Me
by Sara MacDonald

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving, interesting and lovely, 16 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Come Away With Me (Paperback)
A very enjoyable read and a thoughtful portrayal of the bonds of family and friends. There is a nice entwining of the threads of loss, hurt and pain and those of joy, love and growing happiness. While the story made me uneasy at times, overall I found myself immersed in the pleasure of an excellent light read. The details of the houses, the artistic life and the beauty of Cornwall definitely added to my enjoyment.

Page: 1 | 2