Profile for Jeffus > Reviews

Content by Jeffus

Jeffus

Page: 1 | 2
Apple iPad Mini 16GB Wi-Fi (White)
Apple iPad Mini 16GB Wi-Fi (White)
Offered by Deal With It
Price: 203.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality assured!, 28 April 2014
Firstly, I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 which I love! It's expandable with a MicorSD card, at very little cost up to 64gig. The Samsung is much cheaper to! It's also a quality piece of kit.

I bought the ipad mini purely for development, so 16gig is fine for me. (I haven't owned an iPhone for a few years, due to the lack of screen size.. iPhone screens are so tiny!) But I have to admit, I do love the quality of Apple devices! The battery life is simply awesome on this iPad, I probably charge it once a week. I've not charged it for about 5 days and it still shows 70% battery. I've been on twitter and FB, done some other stuff too!

The down side for me with Apple though, is the fact that you STILL can't insert a Micro SD card... so now if I need more memory I'd have to purchase another iPad!

4 Stars for Pure quality kit and battery life!!

MSI Z87-GD65-GAMING ATX Motherboard (Intel Z87, 4x DDR3, DVI, HDMI, 6x USB3.0, Killer E2205 LAN, LGA1150 Socket)
Offered by Buyur
Price: 115.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mid range mobo, 20 Dec 2013
I coupled this with an i7-4770k processor and a Corsair H100i cooler... easy to setup! Easy to install, fantastic for the money

Intel Core i7 4770K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.50GHz, 8MB, Haswell, 84W, Intel Graphics, BX80646I74770K, 4th Generation Intel Core, Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
Price: 239.84

5.0 out of 5 stars a cracker, 20 Dec 2013
I bought this processor for my new gaming rig, although games don't use multi-threading. The performance boost from this chip is amazing!

Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind)
Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind)
Offered by Sent2u
Price: 8.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Numan never fails to deliver, 7 Dec 2013
I must say before I start my review, that I've been a fan boy of Numan since the first time I heard him on TOTP in '79 with 'Are friends Electric?'. Since then I started my GN collection with the Albums 'Tubeway Army', 'Replicas', 'Pleasure Principle' & 'Telekon' which to this day I still listen to.

Although I thought GN lost his way during the mid 80's, turning to a more, jazzy, funk sound.. less the Synth sounds and gritty guitar I was more accustomed to. It wasn't until about 1994 with the album 'Sacrifice', that I felt that GN got it back, in my humble opinion.

So what can I say about 'Splinter'? Well, I pre-ordered this album from Numans official Website, and eagerly awaited its arrival through my letter box. When it finally arrived, I was blown away! Gary Numan is one of the great pioneers of Synth and Gritty industrial guitar sounds around, as he always has been. HE's also a great Live performer

'Splinter' is a must for anyone who loves Synth and Industrial music. Hoping for 'Splinter Live DVD!'

Dr. Martens Adult's 11839002 original 3 eyelet shoe 1461 Black 8 UK
Dr. Martens Adult's 11839002 original 3 eyelet shoe 1461 Black 8 UK
Price: 60.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as I'd expect from a pair of DM's, 7 Oct 2013
Great work shoe's for the winter months.

These are Dr Martins, so I need not mention quality.... as quality is guaranteed.

an excellent buy!

Crystal Days
Crystal Days

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine collection, 13 July 2013
This review is from: Crystal Days (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of Echo & the Bunnymen for some years now, and love all their albums. The collaboration of Ian McCulloch and Will Sergeant never fail to surprise me, with that distinctive sound that simply electrifies my senses at each earing.

I could list all my favourite tracks, but I'd be here all day. This album covers pretty much most of their epic and ear tingling tracks. A great addition to any serious music collection. Would also recommend Ballyhoo.

But would also recommend:-

Reverberation (1990)
Evergreen (1997)
What are you going to do with your life? (1999)
Flowers (2001)
Siberia (2005) (listening to this as I write this review, track: In The Margins. A touching track)
The Fountain (2009)

Great band that has stood the test of time, and one of the greatest.

York C202 Cycle
York C202 Cycle

2.0 out of 5 stars OK but...., 29 Mar 2013
This review is from: York C202 Cycle (Sports)
I ordered this bike just before Christmas last year. It went together easily, although the book holder thing, didn't fit into the slots designed for it.. which would have been good.

Negative
========
I've had this item a little over 3 months now, and it's started to make some rattling, clattering noises... very annoying! I use the bike for an hour every night, but I would not expect it making such a racket. My old exercise bike was over 5 years old and never made a noise! Sound like something is loose inside, but I can't see how..

Looking to get it replaced once I find out how, with Amazon.

Positive
========
It's very comfortable and I love the programs, I even use the User setting. Assuming I bought a faulty one... I would say for the money it's a good bike.

Poetic HardBack Protective Case for the Samsung Galaxy S III S3 i9300 Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
Offered by everyCasa Europe
Price: 17.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and solid, 15 Feb 2013
I bought this case as it allows me to have my phone stood as per the illustration, when i'm watching movies on the plane.

I think it's fantastic in all fairness and offers a good deal of protection when clipped shut, but feel it makes the S3 a little chunky for a blokes pocket, for a night out (which is why I gave it a 4). But then I can switch to my other cover for those occasions.

Well worth the cash!

Machines Are Us
Machines Are Us
Price: 15.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Industrial/Techno classic from IoC, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Machines Are Us (Audio CD)
I don't know what it is about bands like Icon of Coil, Apoptygma Berzerk and Gary Numan.. I never tire of banging out thier works... Timeless!!

So many modern bands stick to the same old sound like most modern, pop bands. Although, each Icon of Coil album is fundimentaly different, there is always a flavour of the genre which still sticks true to it.

Born To Die
Born To Die
Offered by MediaMerchants
Price: 12.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply sublime, 6 April 2012
This review is from: Born To Die (Audio CD)
What can I say? It's been such a long time, since I've played an album that has had my hair stood on end, and brought a tear into my eye... that haunting melodic voice is simply delicious. I was hesitant to buy this album, when I saw it on the shelf, not having heard of 'Lana Del Ray'.. But for me, I'd put her up there with Adele, Gabriela Cilmi and the likes...

It's fresh to hear such passion that is echoed in an artists music.

You'd be a fool to miss this one! Thanks Lana (if you ever read this)

Page: 1 | 2