Profile for Keren > Reviews

Content by Keren

Keren "kc" (Isle of Man)

Masks (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
Masks (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
by John Vornholt

5.0 out of 5 stars Masks make the Man, 19 May 2013
I love Star Trek: Next Generation anyway, and am not disappointed in that respect, but I love this book in particular. The idea of masks, the mask making your place in society and what you can do - an excellent idea, and well done. Its what we say about scifi - you can express or explore issues that we have now without being obvious about it, without offending anyone.

The Tyrannosaurus Rex: The Truth About the T. Rex (Dinosaur Facts Book 1)
The Tyrannosaurus Rex: The Truth About the T. Rex (Dinosaur Facts Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Oct 2012
I was looking to see if there were any more books like this one after I'd finished reading this because its well written. There is a lot of information here about T.Rex that I didn't know, its easy to read and not too much to take in. I'm going to be reading more about dinosaurs following this!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This really works, 28 Dec 2007
I've been suffering from chronic depression for a few years and not finding medication or talk therapy particularly effective. This, on the other hand, makes me feel better than I've felt in years. More energy, more will power, more enjoyment, less sleep, eating less.... I've been using it at work but find I need to use it every day; each day that I don't use it I feel increasingly worse. I find I need to spend a lot of time in front of it in the morning, which is a pain, but at least I have some life in me the rest of the day. I've tried a different light box which didn't help, but I'll be getting another one of these for home.

I Had a Black Dog
I Had a Black Dog
by Matthew Johnstone

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Jun 2007
This review is from: I Had a Black Dog (Paperback)
I adore this book! I'm suffering from depression, have been for a few years, and I find it difficult to express in words how I feel. These pictures really sum it up for me. It reminds me that I'm not alone, others feel the same too. I've been making my closest friends read this so they can see.

The only thing, for me, is that I have no happy ending yet. It says if you take the right steps it will pass, but this isn't true for me.

But I've seen nothing like this before, and I'll continue buying it for people.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2012 11:18 PM BST