Profile for Dec907 > Reviews

Content by Dec907

Dec907 (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
first4magnets 10 x 4mm 2kg Pull N42 Strong Neodymium Disc Magnets for Arts and Crafts (Pack of 20)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great magnet, 27 Oct. 2014
These are seriously strong magnets, I struggled to get them apart! (very small thou)

La Crosse Technology WT-3181P- 18 Atomic Analog
La Crosse Technology WT-3181P- 18 Atomic Analog
Offered by ShopCuscus

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not work in the UK, 27 Oct. 2014
Atomic setting will not work in the UK, service bad.. but got a refund so no problem there...

Its sold as a outdoor clock, but the information advises you not to place it outdoors! Odd to say the least!

Lightning Cable Syncwire Apple iPhone Charger -[Apple MFi Certified] Lifetime Guarantee Series- for iPhone 6S Plus 6 Plus SE 5S 5C 5, iPad 2 3 4 Mini, iPad Pro Air 2, iPod - 3.3ft/1m White
Offered by Syncwire

InfoTechnica 5.2A / 26W Premium Aluminium 3-Port USB Car Charger With Smart Device Recognition Abilities and 2.4 meter Micro-USB coiled cable with Aluminium Connector Heads providing simultaneous full-Speed charge to tablets and smartphones like Samsung Galaxy, Blackberry, HTC, LG, Nokia, Motorola, MP3 players, portable video game consoles, Sat-navs, and other rechargeable electronic devices
Offered by InfoTechnica

LAYEN i-DOCK Bluetooth 4.1 Audio Receiver with Multi-Pair! aptX = Superior Sound! Stream Music Wirelessly From any Bluetooth Enabled Device (SmartPhone, Tablet etc) to your Dock/Stereo - (Not Suitable For Cars)
Offered by LAYEN

5.0 out of 5 stars A1, 27 Oct. 2014
Simple, easy.. and sounds just as good as a direct connection to my Bose system. A bit more than others, but money well spent.

iPhone 5 Screen Protector Guard / Film / Cover / Case 6-in-1 Pack
iPhone 5 Screen Protector Guard / Film / Cover / Case 6-in-1 Pack

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and awful, 27 Oct. 2014
This does not fit a IP5, on line up the apature for the camera is way off. I could live with that, but the cover also gets rather scratched and Im very careful with my phone.

Buy cheap, buy twice... just ordered a Media Devil version, see how we get on with that.

Road Angel Gem Windscreen Mount
Road Angel Gem Windscreen Mount
Offered by Mobile Gadget Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 20 Mar. 2014
Why buy the Road Angel version, this one is exactly the same (I've had both) and less than half the price - probably made in the same factory.

If you need one, get it..

Byron Plug in Front Door, Back Door Wirefree Chime Kit, SX-41itx
Byron Plug in Front Door, Back Door Wirefree Chime Kit, SX-41itx

1.0 out of 5 stars Never Worked, 20 Mar. 2014
This actual model only seemed to work for a few days, then fail.

If you reset the power it would go again, but you'd never know when it wasn't working. Until it randomly started ringing (not even the chosen chime) I replaced the batteries, tried difference locations etc.. After missing too many Amazon deliveries and having to go to the post office to collect them - I sent it back - no problem on the refund. It didn't arrive in retail packing - which made we wonder if it was graded. In either case it didn't work.

SEBO X4PET Automatic Vacuum Cleaner, Black/Silver - 1300 W
SEBO X4PET Automatic Vacuum Cleaner, Black/Silver - 1300 W

5.0 out of 5 stars German Audi quality - Way better than a Dyson Ford, 20 Mar. 2014
Ive had several Dysons, they have all ended up in the skip for one reason or another.

I had a tip off on this brand, which was only £80.00 more in cost than the same level Dyson. And its streets ahead in terms of quality and performance. Ive had a renewed interest in hoovering since it arrived (This has pleased the other half) I have had to re-assure her, that it will wear off.

The Sebo changes height from one type of floor to another, so it seems to hug the floor, suction is great. The body comes down low to go under things. Its heavy, but thats a good motor for you.

The cable is really long, so I can hoover for great distances. The Dyson was really short.

We don't have pets but we bought the pet version, as it was a better colour and had the extra attachments. There is no other difference. The part that does the stairs, is like a mini hoover and leaves nothing on the stairs and even makes the carpet stand up.

I like the fact you can whip out the extension wand to work into the odd corner and replace it very quickly. But, this is also its biggest weakness, if you take the wand out and let go of the unit it can very easily topple over. Maybe not enough hose length on the wand. But this is not enough to put me off or change my mind, it just takes a bit of getting used to.

The performance is rock solid and we've had ours for about 4 months. The bag lasts for ages - in fact after 4 months we haven't yet changed it. (we hoover 2 times a week in a big 6 bed house) and I do see the sense in throwing it when finished. Over the Dyson, that just gets dirty and never seems to look 100% clean and sharp.

Theres some feedback about parts breaking, i.e. foot pedal - but Ive had a good look over it, and its all very well made, not flimsy at all. I can only assume it was incorrect use or the instructions weren't read correctly.

So if you are considering a Dyson, don't bother, get one of these German bad boys...

Canon SELPHY CP900 Compact Photo Printer - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Canon SELPHY CP900 Compact Photo Printer - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer - Watch out if you run a MAC, 20 Mar. 2014
I had a CP200, the original version (top quality prints) ... I rang up Canon for some advice, when trying to use it on my new I-Mac, they advised me the old one was no longer supported (fair enough Ive had it years)

I didn't hesitate to buy the model they suggested as it was the latest one. But after receiving the printer I still couldn't get my MAC to work with the driver. Then Canon advised me they don't support it on the OSX 10.9 upwards!

Luckily some tech-nerd had already posted a hacked driver onto the Apple forum, (where I found loads of issues with Canon printers) but the file went in easily and Ive had no problems. Not really a reflection on the product, but check compatibility first.

As for the photos, they are top quality. The nearest thing to lab quality photos you'll get. Streets ahead of any ink jet printer. Perfect results every time. I had my CP200 for over 7 or 8 years, never a problem. The only downside is the 6 x 4 max size. But you can print credit card size and small stickers, so its also a bit of fun.

The best function for me is being able to print directly from my I-phone, I-pad or SD card, so perfect for my GF to simply turn it on and print out a picture, via a free app. (without running up the MAC)

The consumables can be expensive, but who prints hundreds of photos these days. I don't mind the average cost, as its so handy to turn it on and print out the few good pics I get to (To either pin up, put in frames or just to give to friends on the spot) So many of my photos never get printed out.

Despite Canons poor attitude, I still think this type of printer is the nearest to a lab quality you'll get. And it was less than £60.00 !!!!

Arrived quickly from Amazon of course (not sure why people always heavily review the Amazon service in these reviews, as its always pretty good)

Page: 1 | 2