Profile for Patrick > Reviews

Content by Patrick

Patrick "Patrick" (Larne. UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kingston Technology 8GB Data Traveler Vault Privacy USB 3.0 Hardware Encrypted Drive
Price: 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but..., 4 Aug 2014
Does the job and is well made. The Vault password is limited to a maximum of 16 alphanumeric characters. The purpose I bought it for has a much longer password, and as I cannot change to a shorter password this is unsuitable for it. Hence the 3 stars.

(Red) Blackberry Q5 Protective Hard Back Shell Case Cover Skin & LCD Screen Protector Guard By *Aventus*
Offered by Aventus
Price: 2.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with this slimline shell, 4 Aug 2014
Delighted with this slimline shell. Makes the Q5 look classy without making the Q5 look bulky at the edges. Good tight fit so it does not come off easily.

Wire Mesh Aluminium - Medium 500mm x 3mtr
Wire Mesh Aluminium - Medium 500mm x 3mtr
Offered by Be Creative
Price: 14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for protecting the sides of my solar panel, 9 Nov 2013
Bought this to cover the sides of my 100W solar panel which is mounted on a south facing wall in my garden. The mounting brackets raise the solar panel off the wall and leave a small gap between the bottom of the solar panel and the wall and I need to prevent leaves, spiders, slugs and snails etc from getting into the under surface of my solar panel. The mesh is strong yet easy to cut using strong scissors and fine enough to shape. I cut the mesh into long narrow strips to fit the sides. They are attached using cable clips. Being aluminium there is no rust. Quick delivery too - arrived within 3 days as a roll.

WMA Blue LCD Digital DC 4.5V~30V Panel Detector Volt Meter Voltmeter Tester Monitor
Offered by Goods-cool.
Price: 2.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 9 Nov 2013
Great for displaying my gel cell battery voltage. The blue led makes the readout a little difficult to see in bright sunlight though.

Masterplug WP12 20A 1-Gang 2-Way Storm Weatherproof Outdoor Switch Single Pole IP66 Rated
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, 9 Nov 2013
I needed a waterproof switch for a solar powered led floodlight in my polytunnel. Although this switch is expensive and smacks of overkill it works very well. Very easy to connect. I like the large front square rocker switch - no need to fumble in the dark looking for the switch!

Vktech Digital Dc Ammeter 10A Red LED Panel Amp Meter Digital Electricity Meter
Vktech Digital Dc Ammeter 10A Red LED Panel Amp Meter Digital Electricity Meter
Offered by vktech-HK
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 9 Nov 2013
Took 3 weeks to arrive from China. It arrived in a thin unpadded plastic bag. When I took the meter out of the bag there were two pairs of wires each connected to a two-pin plug and socket. Both of these two-pin plug/sockets extended out of the back of the meter at right angles to the circuit board. Unfortunately they had been damaged in transit and one was bent at almost 45 degrees. Not surprisingly I couldn't get the meter to work. The seller was very quick to respond and offered a refund. However, later I was able to do a quick repair and it now works fine. I originally gave this a poor review but at the seller's request and the fact that it cost only 3.79 which includes postage I have revised it to 4 stars. Would have been great value if it wasn't for the poor packaging.

5m double core extension cable 2.5mm cross section for solar panels, batteries and other systems
Offered by Photonic Universe Ltd
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for solar panels, 9 Nov 2013
Got these for connecting my 100W solar panel to my battery. They are good quality and very flexible. Better still, being double core there is only one cable to track instead of two separate ones. Recommended.

14AWG Wire In-line Car Automotive Mini Blade Fuse Holder Fuseholder 20A
14AWG Wire In-line Car Automotive Mini Blade Fuse Holder Fuseholder 20A
Offered by TOPCITY
Price: 1.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust, 9 Nov 2013
Got these for my solar powered battery. They arrived within 2 days (I live in Northern Ireland).
Despite the picture showing each end as separate, the thick 20A wires come connected together so forming a continuous loop meaning I had to cut the loop to connect to my battery. The fuse cover appears water tight. Would buy again.

Tip, 2.4mm, Gascat60
Tip, 2.4mm, Gascat60
Offered by go4products
Price: 13.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits my Gascat 60, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tip, 2.4mm, Gascat60 (Misc.)
Needed a spare bit for my Gascat 60 gas soldering tool. This is cheaper overall than another well known on-line supplier. I wasnt sure it was the right one but when I received it I was delighted it was!

Decrescent Bluetooth Music Audio Receiver with 3.5mm Jack for Home Hi Fi and Car Stereo Speaker System - Blue
Price: 21.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 12 May 2013
Bought this to pair a Lepai T2020 amplifier with my Blackberry Playbook.
It pairs quickly and the sound quality is excellent.
No dropouts unless you are obscuring the BT antenna of the Playbook (its at the bottom left hand corner in landscape mode).
Only downside, if any, is the lead is rather short and flimsy looking.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3