Profile for Barbara Garwell > Reviews

Content by Barbara Garwell

Barbara Garwell (Manchester, UK)

Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call (Nintendo DS)
Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call (Nintendo DS)
Offered by sir_bubby

5.0 out of 5 stars New one for me, 1 Jan 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Having just bought a Nintendo DS, I love the games. I've done Sherlock Holmes and Titanic, and by far, Professor Layton is brilliant. The Spectre's Call is my first Professor, so I've got lots to plough through. Its a great game, having played Titanic and Sherlock Holmes, and completed them in a couple of days (I only play for a couple of hours at any given time), I started Professor Layton, Spectre's Call on Boxing Day, playing it for a couple of hours every day up to today, 1 January, and I'm still no nearer finishing it. A great buy (well, I didn't buy it, its pressie off my hubby):)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Slight problem, 28 Jan 2011
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be without my Kindle, but one issue that really get's my goat, is that it reboots - you can be in the middle of reading when suddenly it goes down, and starts rebooting. This can take a few minutes - in my last book, it did it 4 times, so my advice is, keep a record of where you're up to as its a pain to find out where you were. I have the Wi-Fi/3G version.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2011 12:43 PM GMT

The Soldier's Girl (The Adams Family)
The Soldier's Girl (The Adams Family)
by Mary Jane Staples
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Any more Adams stories, 21 Jan 2007
I just loved this book. I've read every MJS books ever published. Just to clarify things though, will there be any more Adams stories. I would love to read more of the ones that seem to have disappeared, eg, Horace and Sally, Horace's parents - did they ever go back to Hampshire? Whaat happened to his sister' Ethel (or Effel)!!