Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Profile for Graham D. > Reviews

Content by Graham D.

Graham D. "GrahamD" (UK)

Infrared IR White Automatic Motion Sensor Lamp Wall Ceiling Light Control Switch

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 4 Mar. 2016
It took a while to arrive, but this was stated beforehand, so no surprises there. The good news is that it works and replaces a normal light switch, i.e., only requires the two contacts and does not need a seperate neutral connection. I have mine in a garage where I tend to need light even in the daytime. At first I thought this was not going to do the trick as it simply failed to come on. The light switch is near the door (which has glass in it), so whilst the switch is reasonably illuminated, the rest of the garage is not. I then found that there is a light sensitivity adjustment that requires a fine screwdriver. Turning this fully one way had the result that it now comes on regardless of ambient light levels, which is what I wanted. It lacks an override switch, which is farily obvious from the photo and also mentioned in the Q&As. The only other possible negative is that the cover snaps on to cover the fixing screws. Should you want to remove this again to make adjustments, I'm not sure how easily it could be removed again without damaging it, but perhaps others have tried or the seller could enlighten us. That aside, it works well.

[Bamboo] Samsung ATIV Smart PC XE700T Leather Case Cover With Stand / Holder / Wallet for Samsung ATIV Smart PC XE700T,Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended., 10 July 2015
I'm loathed to write a negative review, but I simply could not use this case. Firstly, it covers the ambient light sensor, which is apparent the first time you try to boot up as the tablet thinks it is in the dark. Furthermore, since the case it covers the tablet's bezel, it is almost impossible to swipe in from the side, top or bottom; I found myself having to dig my finger behind the edge of the case to swipe in. In the end I ordered an alternative.

Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading, 3 April 2014
Let's deal with the negatives first. If you're looking for something that proves the authenticity of the gospels, forget it. Some (and only some) of the arguments are weak and it would be easy for a skeptic to pick holes in them. As a homicide detective, he seems to view defence attorneys as being antagonistic against known truth and although he aknowledges that they might believe their clients are innocent, he writes as if they are always in the wrong and that the prosecution is always in the right; it comes across as arrogance. Having said that, I'm enjoying this book and learning something from it. With his training and experience, the author gives a fresh look at the gospels from a forensice perspective and finds them consistent with what would be expected if their message were true. His own journey of faith coming through this analytical approach (which Is about where I am up to in reading it now) is also fascinating. There's one slight paradox: if the gospel message is true, then the case is not cold at all.

Pig's Progress
Pig's Progress

5.0 out of 5 stars A great allegory, 14 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Pig's Progress (Kindle Edition)
I had recently read Pilgrim's progress to my 8 year old daughter and we were looking through Kindle titles together when she spotted this one. We decided to give it a go, thinking it to be a Christian book and likely a retelling of Bunyan's classic. A little way in and, enjoyable though it was, I began to doubt my original impression and it seemed to be a concoction of many tales with some unusual twists. But by the time we reached the chapter about the big party all doubts were dispelled and we started to see a fresh presentation of God's grace that speaks to both parent and child. It's not a retelling of Bunyan's work, but a fresh retelling of the greatest truth ever told. Needless to say, we both loved it.

Photographing Children: Develop Your Digital Photography Talent (Photo Workshop)
by Ginny Felch

5.0 out of 5 stars Best photographic upgrade I ever bought!, 26 July 2011
If you think that taking great pictures is about knowing the advanced technicalities of the camera and having the best lens, this may make you think again. It teaches you how to appreciate, find and manipulate light, how to tell stories with your photographs and how to get difficult children to work with you. Of course, the technical stuff is there as well, but it's the creative content that makes it difficult to put down and has you itching to try out new ideas.

SEGA Rally (PC DVD)
SEGA Rally (PC DVD)
Offered by TnsDealsUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy it for what it is, 13 Nov. 2007
This review is from: SEGA Rally (PC DVD) (Video Game)
This was designed from the start to be an arcade style game and not a simulation. The graphics are astounding and there's a good sense of speed, you'll need your wits about you. Successfully sliding round a 90 degree bend or U turn brings a great sense of satisfaction. As has been said before, there's no real damage; you are penalized for collisions by loss of speed and/or being spun in the wrong direction. From a fun point of view, this is great. If it were realistic, I'd be writing my car off in the first few seconds and constantly re-starting. For me, it would get the 5th star if the tracks were a bit longer, but given the level of detail (we're talking individual flowers here) I can appreciate the huge amount of artwork that must be required.