Profile for Andy Davies > Reviews

Content by Andy Davies

Andy Davies (Glasgow, UK)

RHA MA450i Noise Isolating In Ear Earphones with Remote and Microphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, Brilliant Sound., 4 July 2012
I must say, I'm delighted by the quality of these headphones. I've previously used a variety of over ear Sennheiser headphones, and whilst impressed, found them to be a little lacking in depth (not to mention having a fairly limited shelf-life: a problem I'm hoping these RHA buds won't have, particularly given the 3-year warranty included with the purchase). These MA-450is have proven to have a fantastic sound, regardless of the style of music I may be listening to: heavy bass is tackled adeptly, whilst the quiet-loud-LOUDEST style of a band like Mogwai is showcased the way it should be. The noise-cancellation on the buds is particularly useful in this regard: constant fiddling with the volume controls- a common nuisance with many of the other headphones I've tried- is not a problem I've had, regardless of the artist I may be listening to.

What has really struck me about these buds, however, is the comfort-factor. It's clear RHA have really gone the extra mile when it comes to ensuring the best possible customer experience: the MA-450is are lightweight, durable, and feel fantastic in the ear. I found the ear tips that came as standard to not quite fit: fortunately, RHA have taken care of such a minor quibble by providing a whopping SEVEN different sizes of tip, so after a wee bit of trial and error I now have a beatuifully fitting, comfortable pair of headphones that provide a fantastic sound and block out all but the harshest of sounds during my walk to work (a route that takes in a 15 minute jaunt down one of Glasgow's busiest roads!). The braided cable claims to be tangle-resistant: whilst I remain rather dubious, it must be said they do seem to remain less tangled than other headphones I've used before. I also like the touch of having a velour bag to pop them into, giving them a touch of class and sense of occasion with every use!

Overall, I can't sing the praises of RHA- and this product in particular- highly enough. It's great to see a local brand making such quality products, and I'll definitely be getting my money's worth with the MA-450is. For £40, you really can't go wrong. 5/5.

Schwarzkopf Got2b Beach Matt Surfer Look Matt Paste
Schwarzkopf Got2b Beach Matt Surfer Look Matt Paste
Offered by Acorn solution

4.0 out of 5 stars A belting paste, 27 Jun. 2012
I'm a big fan of this matt paste. A really good price, and a strong hold is a winning combination, and my hair is no longer a greasy mess!

When using this product, I was aiming to look exactly like Scott Parker, who has lovely hair. I too, now have lovely hair, and am a tiny bit closer to achieving my aim. Thanks, "Schwarzkopf got2b Beach Matt Surfer Look Paste100ml NEW"!

Silverline 675182 Mini Spade Round Nose 500mm
Silverline 675182 Mini Spade Round Nose 500mm

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain mini shovel, 27 Jun. 2012
The 'Silverline 675182 Mini Round Nose Shovel' is probably the best mini round nose shovel I've ever bought. It's lightweight, adaptable and shovels very well. An absolute bargain for the price, it's perfect for using around the garden, in fields, or any other environment you may need to shovel in. I'd recommend this shovel to anyone who needs to shovel.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Mouse Mat, 27 Jun. 2012
I have often wondered to myself if I would ever find a mouse mat I could truly love. Years of searching had left me disillusioned: why would I want to spend my hard-earned cash on a generic mat featuring a picture of a dog in a kennel, the archs of a newly formed double rainbow, or Andy Murray gurning after a particularly taxing rally?

No, what I needed was a mat I could feel comfortable navigating my mouse over. AND HERE IT IS. Pointing and clicking has never felt so good thanks to the "Tom Finney - Mouse Mat Art247 Highest Quality Natural Rubber Mouse Mats - Mouse Mat": gently rolling the ball of the mouse over and around his chiselled features is a delight, and the choice of picture is a beaut. I look forward to many more years of mousematting after buying this fantastic mouse mat. Thanks, "Mouse Mat Art247 Highest Quality Natural Rubber Mouse Mats"!

Splittin Up Christmas
Splittin Up Christmas

1.0 out of 5 stars Christmas time, mistletoe and wine, someone please stop Kevin Devine..., 27 Jun. 2012
I'm not a big fan of Christmas songs. With the noble exceptions of Run-DMC's
Christmas In Hollis and that one Frightened Rabbit keep on releasing, they're
generally falsely-constrained, sickeningly saccharine-sweet and full of bells.
'Splitting Up Christmas' is all of this, with added emo. It's what Bright Eyes would
sound like if he decided to invite everyone on Vagrant Records round for a turkey
and a bit of a cry, and plods along for three and a half minutes of awfully self-
important introspection. Frankly, I'd have been better spending that time clicking
aimlessly through the gifts section on Amazon, ordering ropey presents for family
members that I'll only see once a year.

It is cloyingly sentimental, achingly serious and- in short- everything that's wrong
with the notion that an artist has to force out a half-arsed Christmas record to show their
festive spirit at this time of the year. And trust me; this is a frosty, tinselled turd of
a record. Save your money.

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by MrStar

4.0 out of 5 stars Prompt Delivery, and a Bargain Cable, 27 Jun. 2012
A lot of people have already addressed the folly regarding the super-expensive cables and the supposed better picture quality you get from them: I'd just like to throw my weight behind this argument and say that these cables have a fantastic clarity, and there is no discernable difference between them and the more expensive "branded" cables. I watch HD channels through Vigin Media, and these cables were a bargain to ensure I was getting the most out of my package. Highly recommended.