Profile for Mr. Simon P. Oates > Reviews

Clubland X-treme Hardcore 8
Clubland X-treme Hardcore 8
Price: 9.50

2.0 out of 5 stars I Guess This Marks The End..., 4 Feb 2012
As a Clubland Xtreme Hardcore buyer from the very beginning, I've been disappointed by the recent 'development' of the genre. There were plenty of tracks to love on all albums from 1 through to 7, however this album has been hit by such a distinct and vile twist in nature that I can't find myself enjoying much of it at all. I think it's time to jump off the X-treme Hardcore series.

Classic Euphoria 2
Classic Euphoria 2
Price: 7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite A Worthy Sequel, 26 May 2010
This review is from: Classic Euphoria 2 (MP3 Download)
I bought Classic Euphoria 2 simply because I loved the original, and after several years figured 'Why not get more of the same'? After buying this album, it quickly became apparant that the two weren't the same.

I don't think Classic Euphoria 1 was created with a sequel in mind, and hence it actually used all the best trance Ministry of Sound owned at the time, and therefore this album feels like the backwash. Also, gone are the gentle, clever and technically brilliant mixing of the tracks as per the first album, tracks on this album simply change in an instant, which also changes the experience.

Below average music, and without the charms of the original.

Hanns G HH241HPBE 24 inch Full HD LCD TFT Monitor - Gloss Black
Hanns G HH241HPBE 24 inch Full HD LCD TFT Monitor - Gloss Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Monitor, 21 April 2010
I oouldn't help but go with the Hanns Monitor, as price was a major influence on my purchase. However it appears that I wasn't sacrificing much at all by going with the cheapest product.

One thing I'd like to note is that despite the title of this page - as stated in the description, this is a 23.6" inch screen, not 24". Slightly misleading, but it appear that this is an industry standard.

Other reviewers comments about fiddly under-screen buttons I felt are slightly overplayed if you only intend to use this monitor for your PC alone. I found that the monitor had satisfactory settings right out of the box, and so after 2 months of ownership, I've never even had to use any buttons other than the On/Off.

Overall I'd say the picture quality is absolutely fine, and have had no complaints in any respects. Monitor doesn't look or feel like a 'bargain bucket' item, but there's no doubt your wallet will appreciate it!

Economics
Economics
by David Begg

3.0 out of 5 stars 'Ok', 28 Sep 2008
This review is from: Economics (Paperback)
I found this book to be written in a very formal style, rather long winded sentences and a bit hard to stick with. I agree with a reviewer above how mentioned that the examples became too much of the backbone behind the concepts... and I found myself re-reading the EXAMPLE over and over to try and understand or infer the 'rule' that should be learnt and applied. This isn't the easiest way to do things..