Profile for Bill Hancock > Reviews

Content by Bill Hancock

Bill Hancock (STOKE-ON-TRENT, STAFFORDSHIRE United Kingdom)

Seesaw
Seesaw

4.0 out of 5 stars Class Blues Guitar plus Class Blues Singing, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Seesaw (Audio CD)
Great album, few guitarists can 'out-blues' Joe Bonamassa and few singers can 'out-blues' Beth Hart!! So how can you go wrong with such a great combination!! If I'm going to be ultra-critical, I would say that I would give their first album 'Don't Explain' a straight 10/10 and this, their latest, a 9/10. But that still makes it a great album.

History Of The Eagles [3 Disc DVD Deluxe Edition] [2013]
History Of The Eagles [3 Disc DVD Deluxe Edition] [2013]
Dvd ~ Eagles

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'Must Have' Boxed Set, 28 May 2013
Excellent boxed package, great photo book, candid 2-DVD history of the Eagles with interviews of all present and past group members. Plus the awesome DVD 'Eagles Live at the Capitol Centre in 1977' featuring the classic 'Hotel California' performed live with Don Felder and Joe Walsh playing the best guitar riff ever!! Excellent value and a 'must have' for all Eagles fans.

Dvd ~ Jamie Cullum
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Cullum captures Blenheim, 19 Aug. 2005
I was never a jazz fan but after hearing Jamie Cullum I began to take notice. I watched the 'Live at Blenheim Palace' DVD and was instantly converted! His renditions of old traditional classic songs turn them into NEW classics. The setting, the atmosphere and the shear talent of Jamie Cullum have changed my views of 'jazz'. My absolute favourite track is an 'Eleanor Rigby' style version of the classic Beachboys song 'God Only Knows'. I would never have believed that one of my all time favourite songs could have been re-styled so brilliantly. How someone so young has accumulated so much talent so quickly is beyond me. I don't even try to understand how he does it, I just sit back and enjoy every last minute of a superb performance.

Dvd ~ Jamie Cullum