Profile for MR > Reviews

Content by MR

MR "NickWooWoo" (Waterlooville, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Vango Windshield Accessory for Camping Stove - Orange
Vango Windshield Accessory for Camping Stove - Orange
Offered by MyoutdoorStore

3.0 out of 5 stars Only 15cm high, 13 July 2012
I bought this windshield because I liked the fact it had 9 sections rather than the usual 6 that some other windshields have. I can't knock the quality, and the colour is cool. Unfortunately it is only 15cm high, so only of any use for burners that are very low to the ground. It's on no use with my burner, so I've got to send it back.

Nowhere in the description did it specify the height, but I ordered it anyway thinking it would be high enough for it's purpose. If you know it's only 15cm high and that's what you want, then that's fine, but I think the height needs adding to the description.

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player - Black (SDMX18-008G-E46K)
SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player - Black (SDMX18-008G-E46K)
Offered by DealsA

5.0 out of 5 stars Volume was low, but you can fix it (read my review to see how), 13 Sep 2011
I got this MP3 player because my old one wasn't compatable with Audible audio books.

At first the maximum volume was very low. It was OK when in a quiet place, but as soon as there was other noise, I could hardly hear my music and books. I tried changing the equalizer to max out the volume which worked a bit, but only for the music and not my Audible files. After a bit of forum searching, I discovered that I could select 're-set factory settings' under 'system settings', after which you are asked to select your language and then your region. If you select 'rest of the world' as your region the volume is MUCH louder; So much so I had to turn it down. This worked because when the region is set to 'Europe', the volume is restricted due to EU regulations.

Now that I've sorted the low volume problem, this player is great. Due to having a seperate audio book folder, I can be listening to an audio book, then listen to some music, and when I return to my audio book, it continues from where I left of, BRILLIANT! My Philips Go-Gear didn't do this.

It's a nice tiny size and the inclusion of a MicroSD slot is great. I have an 8GB card in there at the moment. When you plug this player into your PC, it opens the devise memory and the SD Card memory seperately, allowing you to easily manage your files.

The menu navigation is nice and easy to use, and the screen is clear to read and bright.

Music quality is good (once you've sorted the low volume problem).

The clip on the back feels good and sturdy. Only time will tell if it lasts.

Overall a great little MP3 player.

If you're thinking of joining Audible, check what offers they are running. I was about to buy this MP3 player when I noticed that it was eligible to get for free after joining Audible, which I was about to do once I'd ordered the MP3 player anyway. So I joined Audible, and then recieved £50 to spend on selected products from Amazon (Audible is an Amazon company). AWESOME!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2011 7:50 PM BST

SunnCamp Super-Lite Extra Aluminium Kitchen
SunnCamp Super-Lite Extra Aluminium Kitchen
Offered by Springfield Camping Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 3 Mar 2011
Easy to put up and take down. Good quality.

Just remember that it does not come with the metal wind shield. You have to buy that separately.

Philips SPA5300/05 Multimedia Speaker 2.1 - Black and Red
Philips SPA5300/05 Multimedia Speaker 2.1 - Black and Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speakers, 3 Mar 2011
I use these for music and with my TV.

Sound quality is great. Bass is awesome.

Wishing they had a remote control, but only because my TV is a bit poo, in that the volume control does not adjust the headphone socket volume,so I have to get up and use the volume directly on the speakers. But if you want these for your PC, they're ideal.

Technote Universal A - Frame Style Guitar Stand for Acoustic and Electric Guitars

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 3 Mar 2011
This stand is great for it's price.

Like someone else said in their review, the plastic on the top (that the back of the guitar rests on) is hard plastic. So I just put some sticky-back sponge on it that I had in the cupboard.

The rest of it is good quality.

Bargain Price Acoustic Guitar Capo
Bargain Price Acoustic Guitar Capo
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap & cheerful - Does the job, 3 Mar 2011
Does the job. It did have a tiny bit of rust on it, but it's so cheap I didn't mind.

Agricola: Farmers of the Moor Game
Agricola: Farmers of the Moor Game
Offered by Gamesters Orb

5.0 out of 5 stars Of course 5 stars.... it's an Agricola expansion pack, 3 Mar 2011
If you love Agricola, you'll love the Farmer's of the Moor expansion pack.

It really does bring some cool additions to the game.

Lichfield Camping Butane Heater - Blue
Lichfield Camping Butane Heater - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great heater, 3 Mar 2011
Bought this because I was going camping in November and it had been very cold running up to it. I never used it on the camp because it warmed up by the time I went, but I fired it in the front room and it really did kick some heat out once the ceramic heated up and was glowing red.

Blackburn Floor Pump Airtower 1 Silver
Blackburn Floor Pump Airtower 1 Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pump, 3 Mar 2011
Great pump. Easy to get on and off on the valve. It has two holes, one for Schrader valves, one for Presta valves.

Tube stores away neatly over the top and into a clip.

Smooth action.

GreyMobiles BLACK USB 2.0 'Ultra Small' Micro SD/Micro SDHC/Transflash Memory Card Reader/Writer Adaptor Compatible With 32GB 16GB 8GB 4GB 2GB 1GB 512MB Memory Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat little card reader, 3 Mar 2011
I bought this card reader because I bought a cheaper one on eBay, but it didn't work. So I decided on this one because of good reviews.

It is a nice little card reader; tiny actually. Works perfectly with my 8GB Micro HCSD card.

Page: 1 | 2