Profile for Mrs O > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Darkness Descends: A Skye Faden Novel
Darkness Descends: A Skye Faden Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd give this six stars if I could, 17 Aug 2014
I have a complete book crush on this book. The sequel (s) can't come soon enough. Seriously this had it all for me, so if you like paranormal or even fantasy then read it. What made it so good? It had a kick ass heroine, amazingly witty one liners that I wanted to remember to use again with friends and pretend I thought of them, hot men by the bucket load. It made me laugh and cry (proper tears) and it was long. It has the structure and complexity of story that reminds me of a good fantasy series (and I've read a few in my time), but you have enough closure in the first book to walk away feeling happy but wanting more (eventually... Having been dragged through the mill, but don't want to give anything away... )

Seriously, if you like this sort of thing I can't recommend it strongly enough... And even if you don't normally read this genre but might consider giving one a go, then try this. I believe it's the first book by this author, I pray we have lots more to come.

Taming the Storm (The Storm Series)
Taming the Storm (The Storm Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars She's done it again, 2 July 2014
Well, she's done it again. This book was the perfect counterpoint to a really crappy day. I've loved the other Storm books - witty, sexy, heroines who actually have something to say for themselves - so I felt a degree of trepidation that this one might not be able to live up to the others. How wrong I was. It was sweet, Tom was delicious and once again well written and fast paced.

Thanks for another great book

That's a Promise (Promises, Promises Book 1)
That's a Promise (Promises, Promises Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, but wish I'd waited for the sequel to be out, 1 Mar 2014
I thought this was a really good little yarn, it kept me gripped and I was dying to know what was going to be revealed. Probably about 2/3 through I realised what was coming. Last bit disappointed me a little. I hate it when a character you like let's you down. Just wanted resolution really - but will probably read the second when it comes out.

Her Master's Courtesan (The Masters Series Book 1)
Her Master's Courtesan (The Masters Series Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Left me feeling guilty, 25 Feb 2014
Ok, first let me be clear. I'm a huge fan of CJ Roberts. I find her books disturbing, challenging, sexy but ultimately could find at least some redeeming qualities in the characters. I read this expecting something similar. I'm no shrinking violet, I like a steamy read with the best of them, but too much of this was just really graphic abuse. It made me feel uncomfortable and not in a good way. I found myself questioning whether, had it been presented as written by a man, there would have been more outrage about it. To each their own, but for me I just couldn't find the redeeming qualities that made reading about abduction, rape, abuse, torture and murder ok.

Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers Book 2)
Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great second part to Sarai's story, 7 Feb 2014
I love J.A Redmerski's writing. I think she is able to create more complex characters woven into compelling story lines that tend towards darkness better than almost anyone around at the moment. I love that she can create heros and heroines that you don't always have to like, but that you always want to read about. A really clever conclusion to a story I absolutely loved, and I'm looking forward to meeting the other characters in the books to come. Thank you

Rock and Roll Never Forgets (The Rock and Roll Trilogy Book 1)
Rock and Roll Never Forgets (The Rock and Roll Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you have a box of tissues to hand, 13 Dec 2013
I can't remember the last time a book left me in a sobbing mess - literally runny nose, gasping breaths - the works. It's not a pretty sight. This book was so much more than I thought it was going to be. A beautiful love story that felt horribly real. Huge credit to the author. I'm now off to lie down with a cold flannel over my face to try and compose myself...

Night Owl (The Night Owl Trilogy Book 1)
Night Owl (The Night Owl Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Most original story I've read in a while, 2 Nov 2013
I loved this book - literally couldn't put it down. I thought it was a really original, modern take on a love story. It's the right balance of dark and hot, with characters who show intelligence and wit. A pleasure to read in my opinion

Seduced (Surrender - Book 3)
Seduced (Surrender - Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 9 Oct 2013
That sound sums up how I feel about this book. I liked the first two - enough to preorder this one. I didn't even realise it had arrived (I have so many books on my kindle at the moment) until I started reading it and realised what it was. I agree with the comments about the editing issues (I don't remember that as an issue before, but maybe I have developed a more critical eye), I also agree it had a very different feel to the other books - less of the alpha male sexual tension that made the others good. I also wasn't expecting such a big focus on the other characters. The thing that has finally tipped me over is that it is going on to a 4th. Overkill I fear - no preorder from me this time :-(

Leo
Leo

3.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to like it more, 5 Oct 2013
This review is from: Leo (Kindle Edition)
This book has some real fans. It has all the ingredients that remind me of a number of books I have loved: sweet young virgin, troubled backgrounds, unrequited love, but somehow I found the twist, when it came, implausible. She was so incredibly nice, let alone the fact the first time she has sex it's amazing (hmmm), I wanted to hate her - but she's too nice to hate. I can see why a lot of people have loved this book, but it just wasn't quite for me. Hey, what do I know?

Thrall (Daughters Of Lilith Book 1)
Thrall (Daughters Of Lilith Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Original paranormal story, 29 Sep 2013
I've read a lot of these sort of books, but found the premise for this one surprisingly original. I thought the writing was good, the pace and tension well done and I immediately wanted to read the sequel. I think it's shaping up to be a good series if you like this sort of thing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4