Profile for R. Coldbreath > Reviews

Content by R. Coldbreath

R. Coldbreath (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
PIPOLINO-S - Blue, Green and Pink - Mobile Food Dispenser for Well-being and Health of Small Animals
Offered by Dr PIPOLINO

1.0 out of 5 stars holes too small for normal cat biscuits, 13 Mar. 2015
Beautiful item, but the holes on it are 2mm too small to cope with standard size uk cat biscuits. Buy the medium and the problem is solved.

Pipolino-M - Blue, green and pink
Pipolino-M - Blue, green and pink
Offered by Dr PIPOLINO

5.0 out of 5 stars my cats love this, 13 Mar. 2015
This is wonderful. If you're wondering whether to get this or the small one, get this one, as regular size car biscuits won't come out of the small one's holes!

Yamaha GL1 Guitalele - Ukelele-Size Guitar With Bag - Natural
Yamaha GL1 Guitalele - Ukelele-Size Guitar With Bag - Natural

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant instrument! Buy one. Seriously., 12 Jan. 2015
I play ukulele (and love it, I have several), and was trying to transition over to guitar, but I have an infuriating disability which makes my muscles fatigue very quickly so I can't hold a guitar for long. I'd been considering a guilele/guitalele for some time but was pretty sure that what I'd get was the tricky fingering of a guitar with the slightly tinny sound of the uke.

Well, I was wrong. This is a beautiful instrument.

The tuning lets you transition seamlessly from a uke because the highest 4 strings retain the usual soprano uke tuning. So you can immediately play familiar pieces while ignoring your two new strings. You'll need to get used to the mellowness of the low-G, plus you now have a vastly increased range.

The tone of the instrument is much, much nicer than the uke. And I love my ukes. It's more guitar-like, although the higher the note you're playing, the more uke-like it sounds. But the two don't sound the same, there's no question the deeper body of the guilele makes for a rounder, sweeter tone.

The build quality of the instrument is great, it's well finished, nice tidy fret edges, markers on the side of the neck as well as on the fret board so you know where you are. It feels solid with good quality fittings, is fitted with nice strings (nylon, with the lowest 3 wound, as you'd get with a classical guitar), and it's a very attractive colour.

I love this thing. It's £50. Buy one!

Short Body Brush with Natural Bristles - Wet or Dry Brushing
Short Body Brush with Natural Bristles - Wet or Dry Brushing
Offered by Ana Wiz Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars a happy brusher, 14 Oct. 2014
I thought this might be a bit small, but it's actually great - sturdy brush with really nice stiff bristles, a strong handle that just about lets me reach all my back. I'm very happy with it.

Mahalo Soprano Ukulele with Bag - Purple
Mahalo Soprano Ukulele with Bag - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuinely the best thing you can spend less than £20 on. Buy one., 23 Sept. 2014
For less than £20 this is genuinely awesome. I bought one on a punt, just to see if it was fun/how it sounded/whether I could get the hang of a stringed instrument, never having played anything at all. Cue a bit of time combing through Google for chord charts and watching YouTube tutorials, and within a week I was plunking my way through a couple of songs (the chords for everything are right there in Google, and so are the charts showing you how to make those chords). It was love at first plunk - I have never put it down since and have just upgraded to a 'proper' (read 'lots more expensive') uke because it's obvious that this is now one of my main joys in life. You get a surprisingly enjoyable sound from this little beast. As with all new instruments, the first week it will lose its tuning - initially pretty much on an hourly basis, then less and less so. Buy a tuner, They're cheap and essential. By the end of a week it will have settled and just needs a tweak every now and then. It would benefit eventually from some decent strings, but really, have a go first and see if you like it. Even though I have a lovely tenor uke now, I still play my tiny little £20 Mahalo every day.

In short: BUY ONE. It's easy, terrific fun, cheap, and what can you say that about, these days?

Joseph Bentley Stainless Steel Handheld Weeding Knife
Joseph Bentley Stainless Steel Handheld Weeding Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sharp, very good tool., 10 Aug. 2014
Sharp, sturdy... this transforms my ability to weed my allotment and I never go down there without it now. I use it like ab hand hoe to keep the beds weed free, and like a billhook to cut back brush and brambles. Brilliant.

Kong Zoom Groom Multi-Use Cat Brush
Kong Zoom Groom Multi-Use Cat Brush
Offered by Paws and Claws Pet Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Grippy rubber removes all dead hair!, 10 Aug. 2014
I have four short coated Oriental cats, and two of them shed like billy-o in the spring and autumn. This thing is brilliant - grippy silicone rubber pulls all dead hair straight out of the coat. They don't like the spiky side, but the flat side does the job perfectly, dramatically reduces the length of the seasonal shed, and make the cats a great deal more comfortable and less inclined to vom (I can't imagine that having a tummy full of your own hair is exactly a comfortable experience).

Some of the cats like it and some are suspicious. With the suspicious ones, I basically fuss them into a stupor and then alternate my hand with the kong, as if I were using both hands to stroke them. This works well and in time the cats associate the Kong with a good fuss (but they always forget as I don't use it except when they're shedding).

The groomer lasts for years - it just needs a little wash to keep it 'grippy'.

Catit Style Hooded Cat Pan/ Litter Tray/ Litter Box Grey 57 x 46 x 39 cm
Catit Style Hooded Cat Pan/ Litter Tray/ Litter Box Grey 57 x 46 x 39 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Purrfect, 28 Jun. 2014
I've used this model of litter tray for about seven years and just bought another pair to replace my old ones, which were finally getting scuffed on the inside. The tray is light, sturdy, one of the biggest in the market and totally enclosed. Your cat will have plenty of room to turn, and cannot scatter the litter outside the tray or do Favorite Cat Trick no. 2: wee over the edge.

One small, very minor niggle: I always remove the carbon filter - my cats just demolish it.

Comfort Stretch Pull On Bra-Sports Style Soft Stretch Cup-10 Colours to Choose From-All Sizes 6-20 (White XXL Size 18)
Offered by Boolevard Cosmetics Ltd. (UK Seller)

4.0 out of 5 stars These are brilliant, 9 Jan. 2014
I am a chunky monkey and have, as several young men have assured me from across the street, "big ones".

These are no use at all for me as regular bras - simply not enough support - but as night bras they are perfect, comfortable, not hot, no awful seams or clasps digging in you, no band around the ribs making you feel restricted, and they're very comfortable to wear around the house. I bought my size and it came up true - they're very stretchy.

Panasonic KX-TG 8062 EW Cordless Phone, 2 Handsets (White)
Panasonic KX-TG 8062 EW Cordless Phone, 2 Handsets (White)
Offered by liGo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 15 Oct. 2013
Worked straight out of the box, and replaced a far more expensive single telephone that wasn't a quarter as good, and that flatly refused to ring after I "upgraded" to BT Infinity. These phones plugged straight in, ring beautifully, and look great. You can disable the answerphone if, like me, you're basically a hermit who resents the presence of others.

I got them in white so they're nice and chic, and you even have an option to set Mondrian as your background image. Nobody expects that. The only thing that did make me laugh about them is the ringtones - it's like being in 1990 all over again, with little beepy versions of classical tunes - but they've got the Ride of Valkyries as an option, so GET IN. There are also a lot of normal "ringtone" sounding ringtones.

In short, perfect. Definite recommendation.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4