Profile for Jacqui kirk > Reviews

Jacqui kirk

The Chameleon
The Chameleon

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 17 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Chameleon (Kindle Edition)
I deliver "violence free relationship" training into schools. This book illustrates well a lot of what I teach. It covers most aspects of domestic abuse and its impact. I think it shows really well why women stay in abusive relationships, the "spell" these men seem to have over their partners. (Power and control in reality) . Very well written. Moved me to tears a couple of times. Couldn't put it down!

Morphy Richards 48710 Oval Slow Cooker 3.5 Litres - Stainless Steel
Morphy Richards 48710 Oval Slow Cooker 3.5 Litres - Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made, sturdy product., 5 Jun. 2013
This is my first slow cooker. I'm not sure I'm a slow cooker person really. I'm struggling to find a decent recipe book. However when I have used it, the meals have turned out very nice.

200 More Slow Cooker Recipes: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook
200 More Slow Cooker Recipes: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook
by Sara Lewis

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 5 Jun. 2013
I'm disappointed as there's so few things I want to cook! Not very inspiring recipes in my opinion! Not used it once yet!

Ladies Mucker Easy Close Stable Yard Boots Wellies UK 5
Ladies Mucker Easy Close Stable Yard Boots Wellies UK 5
Offered by Designer wear House

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boot!, 5 Jun. 2013
This is my 3rd pair in 18 months. I wear them every day, walking my dog, so they get some hammer! Very comfy and great in winter. I haven't slipped once! Nice and warm too! Just don't try and tuck your trousers in them like I did.....I split them! My fault! I roll my trousers up now if its snowy or muddy! Love these boots!

Slow Cooking for Vegetarians
Slow Cooking for Vegetarians
by Annette Yates

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 5 Jun. 2013
Not a bad little book. Worth it for the risotto recipe alone! I don't feel confident that all the recipes are actually suitable for a slow cooker.

Pimpernel New York City Scapes Coasters - Set of 4
Pimpernel New York City Scapes Coasters - Set of 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, 5 Jun. 2013
Really like these coasters. Well made & nice retro design. Look lovely on my 60's coffee table! Very pleased indeed!