Profile for PSR > Reviews

TFA 60.1500 MFS Radio Controlled Alarm Clock Silent
TFA 60.1500 MFS Radio Controlled Alarm Clock Silent
Offered by Wetterladen24

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Dec. 2014
Couldn't be simpler. Take the cellophane off the battery, watch the hands move round then wait till it picks up MSF. One word of caution; it can take several minutes, perhaps an hour to pick up the signal so be prepared to move the clock around.

Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Golf GPS
Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Golf GPS

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, switches from Scotland to Australia, good features., 3 Nov. 2014
I wanted to replace a Skycaddie which needed a new battery, was misting up in the rain and for which I needed to renew my subscription. Furthermore, the Skycaddie software (when linked to the PC) had always been troublesome from the day I bought the device. I looked at several devices and spoke to friends who had different devices before deciding on the G6 which seemed to have all the functionality I needed at a reasonable price. I especially needed the worldwide range of courses, not just Europe.
I've been using it now for about a month. Out of the box, it took a long time to pick up satellites, so long that I phoned Garmin who said that was normal. Several hours seems odd but it works now although it always says "No GPS" when I select "Play". At a course it still brings up surrounding courses with the course the first tee of which I'm standing on not necessarily being the first. It switched from Banchory, Scotland to Brisbane, Australia without any problems other than those mentioned above. The screen is small but adequate.
I like the scoring, layup, distance measuring and the average distance per club features. The screen is readable in bright sunlight. Sometimes, you enter the score for the wrong hole because the device has moved on after you've left the green but it's easy to go back and forth between holes.
It easily does two rounds with days between them but I haven't tried it on three rounds in, say, a week.
I haven't yet used any of the on-line features.
All in all I'm satisfied.

2 x RED Fluorescent Neon Spray Paint Matt DIY Interior Exterior Bright Colour Aerosol
Offered by SOC ONLINE

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 3 Nov. 2014
Does what it says on the tin. However, the cans are smaller than I expected (which is not the seller's fault) and the paint seemed thinner. Good value.

5 Star Lever Arch Module for 6 Files W467xD285xH360mm Blue [Pack of 5]
5 Star Lever Arch Module for 6 Files W467xD285xH360mm Blue [Pack of 5]
Offered by Shoplet-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 3 Nov. 2014
I needed these to stop lever-arch files from slipping, sliding and falling off bookshelves; they meet that requirement. My only complaint is that putting these boxes together requires a bit of trial and error. Once you've sussed out the first one they're quick and easy to assemble. Good value.

English Slovak Hangman
English Slovak Hangman

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work., 27 Oct. 2014
This review is from: English Slovak Hangman (App)
Doesn't work, keeps stopping. Could be good fun but I am asking for a refund.

How to Write Well
How to Write Well

1.0 out of 5 stars What on earth is this book?, 29 May 2014
This review is from: How to Write Well (Kindle Edition)
This book was said to be a guide to "writing well." It seemed instead to be a lightweight murder mystery. I'm going to claim a refund.

Words With Friends
Words With Friends

3.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable but update was a problem. Dictionary is strange., 11 April 2014
This review is from: Words With Friends (App)
Could have and would have given it 4 stars until an update was offered. Couldn't get out of an endless loop whereby I was told to update then told I already had the app. Only cure was to delete the app from the Kindle and the Cloud then download the app again.
The dictionary is strange. Great when it lets you have a word which the OED doesn't recognise but annoying when it blocks a word which is in the OED.

Last Rituals (Thóra Gudmundsdóttir crime series Book 1)
Last Rituals (Thóra Gudmundsdóttir crime series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars characters didn't seem real., 4 Mar. 2014
I have read several Icelandic mystery/crime novels but I found this one very middle of the road. It was difficult, for me, to have any belief in the behaviour and character of the principal protagonists, not least the German representative of the victim's family. He didn't know whether he was a stern example of unbending Teutonic efficiency or a man ready to take advantage of a tipsy woman. I found myself skim reading the book to get to the point. Perhaps the characters grow on you.

In The Shadow Of The Sword: The Battle for Global Empire and the End of the Ancient World

5.0 out of 5 stars Very readable and very informative., 24 Feb. 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book which told me a lot about the Middle East. You need to read more than only this book to get a feel for how Islam developed but it's an excellent place to start.

VonShef - Digital Cooking Probe Thermometer for Food, Meat, BBQ, Turkey
VonShef - Digital Cooking Probe Thermometer for Food, Meat, BBQ, Turkey
Offered by Domu UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 18 months, 24 Feb. 2014
This is not an item which one uses every day, so I'd have expected more than 18 months or thereabouts use out of it. Not a battery problem, it just stopped working. Still, you get what you pay for - £5.00, When it was working, it was fine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4