Profile for R Lee > Reviews

R Lee

Small Handi Hoop
Small Handi Hoop

3.0 out of 5 stars Just three stars, 26 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Small Handi Hoop (Misc.)
I am a volunteer litter picker and use the hoop every week for 2-3 hours.

When it arrived, the hoop was not connected into a circle. I pressed it together but it continues to come apart quite often.

The handle is comfy and the bag clips are easy to use but are not especially strong. If I have a few bottles in the bag the weight tends to detach the bag.

I decided to keep it as the hassle of returning it was not quite worth while, but even though I continue to use it, I can't pretend it is great.

Dvorįk: Symphonies Nos 1-9
Dvorįk: Symphonies Nos 1-9

2.0 out of 5 stars Sent wrong disK, 16 May 2012
I discovered I was sent two copies of Disk 5 and no Disk 6 with Symphony 9 on. I returned it without any fuss from Amazon and got a proper replacement in a couplke of days.
I love the symphonies and would give the second transaction 5 stars.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2015 12:46 PM GMT

Casio Watch WVA-109HDU-1AVER Radio Controlled with Combi Bracelet
Casio Watch WVA-109HDU-1AVER Radio Controlled with Combi Bracelet

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, 17 April 2012
I like the idea of a satellite watch. My previous one didn't last long and I gather from other reviews that this can be a problem.

So far I am very happy with it. Although being rather bulky - like all satellite watches - I am impressed with its' accuracy and looks. However, I reserve my final opinion based on how long it lasts.

The only downside (mentioned by other reviewers) is the over-large bracelet. I had to take it to a shop and have links removed, costing £5.99. This is the reason I have not given five stars.

Lord Emsworth Acts for the Best: The Blandings Short Stories (Penguin Modern Classics)
by P. G. Wodehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Wodehouse at his best., 1 Aug. 2011
This book is a joy.

Each of the stories is a little gem and guaranteed to put a smile on your face.

Get hold of it if you can.

The Oxford Illustrated History of Prehistoric Europe
The Oxford Illustrated History of Prehistoric Europe
by Barry Cunliffe

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs updating, 1 Aug. 2011
This is an attractive looking book with chapters on what interested me by good authorative writers.

However, I failed to spot when ordering that the book was first issued as a paperback in 1999 and then reissued in 2001. I can see no evidence of updating and all of the references and recommended books are from before this publication date.

An awful lot has happened in archaeology since then and this book does not reflect any of it.

If you were just interested in British early history I would recommend Timothy Darvill's "Prehistoric Britain".

Vax U90-MA-R Air Reach Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U90-MA-R Air Reach Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by electronic savvy

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?, 21 April 2011
My Dyson of 5 or 6 years burnt out and I considered a straight replacement. I liked the power of the Dyson and the clever and convenient features . I had found it rather heavy and it was certainly expensive compared to some others so, after some research, I gambled on the Vax.

All in all I am well pleased. It was about £60 cheaper than a Dyson. Despite being smaller and much, much lighter than a Dyson it seems to have a similar sucking power and is not as noisy.It is much easier to carry up and down stairs. It is not quite as well thought out; the attaching of tubes and tools is slightly less convenient as the Dyson. The Dyson has the suction tube ready attached for using small tools; the Vax has to be fitted to the base of the machine which is slightly fiddly but not a great problem.

One review I had read mentioned the low entry point of the mains flex into the machine and how it was awkward bending so low to keep the cable out of the way. I found the same for a while, but I eventually noticed a little cable clip on the handle to hold it up.

I have a small/medium size house and I think the Vax suits it well. If I had a large mansion, the Dyson might be worth while.

Duronic TVB123M Heavy Duty Adjustable Wall Bracket for 33-60 inch Plasma/LCD/LED Screen - Black
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 7 Feb. 2011
The bracket was easy to install and is very solid. Attaching the TV was easy, although I would recommend fixing all cable connections to the TV before tightening the two locking screws. The only minor criticism: the bracket is advertised as suitable for TVs over 30 inches; my 32 inch TV leaves exposed a small amount of bracket on either side. A larger TV would undoubtedly hide this, although it still looks pretty smart anyway. A bargain.

Hull: City Guide, The Buildings of England (Pevsner Architectural Guides) (Pevsner Architectural Guides: City Guides)
by David Neave

5.0 out of 5 stars A very attractive book, 7 Feb. 2011
I saw a good review of this boook in the Times. Living near Hull I fancied learning more about the city. The photographs and layout make this an attractive book to browse and I will undoubtedly be visiting Hull soon to complete some of the suggested walks.