Profile for Phil > Reviews

Content by Phil

Phil "TrSm" (UK)

Sapphire 11200-14-20G OC Sapphire Card (2GB, HD7850, GDDR5)
Sapphire 11200-14-20G OC Sapphire Card (2GB, HD7850, GDDR5)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent graphics card that fits in small pc tower cases, 17 July 2013
Have had the card for 5 months and 3 days now and have never had any issues with the card or the drivers etc still working perfectly.

Main reason I chose this card is because though my power supply can cope with a higher end card unfortunately higher end cards would not fit in my pc tower case which is small.

Obviously this is not a top of the range card so it will not max out all the latest games on ultra settings but it is a great mid range gaming card that plays all the latest games even now on medium to high settings.

I would reccomend this card to anyone who is on a budget and / or has limited space within their desktop.

Brooks Mens Beast 12 M Running Shoes 1101221D606 Red/Grey/ Black 11 UK, 46 EU, 12 US Regular

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the flat footed, 16 July 2013
Excellent pair of trainers. I am flat footed and have had painful ankle injury in the past (though several years ago). Have covered a lot of mileage in these trainers (chester half marathon and chester 10k and training for both) and they are still in excellent condition - also continued excellent support back and front, no pain, only 1 blister the entire time I have had them and on top of that they look the business to.

My only negative comment about these (and reason I have given 4 instead of 5) is these trainers are a bit on the heavy side (in comparison to some other trainers). But the suitability they offer for flat footed runners more than makes up for it.

Dishonored (PC DVD)
Dishonored (PC DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Most overrated game of the year (imho), 2 Mar. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dishonored (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Given some of the comments from the prof critics that this has received such as 'masterpiece' and 'it will blow you away' and 'engrossing from start to finish' and 'bold, original, brilliant'

I played it all the way through and if friends ask my opinion of it I will just tell them my honest opinion that it is the most overrated game of the year so far (imho).

I just found Dishonored to be average.

I will not moan about the graphics (it looked fine imho, well nothing amazing Ive seen much better looking PC games but Ive seen much worse as well),

Will not moan about difficult level (ok game was to short imho with no replay value at all (I did not enjoy it enough to want to replay it)) but it is not the games fault I played it on medium difficulty.

My gripe / moan is I just thought that the story / plot was rubbish, the characters I did not care about any of them. The game severely lacks epicness imho.

To give an example did Bioshock blow me away - yes it did and I got far more engrossed in the Biochock plot and I liked the characters in Bioshock a lot more (such as the little sisters) than I did the girl in Dishonoured. I was not bothered whether she lived or died but, only a game of course, but Little Sisters in Bioshock I was a lot more bothered about taking care of them when gaming.

Some of the levels (another example) in the Thief games most definitely deserve a label of 'masterpiece' but nothing about Dishonoured is even close to being Masterpiece imho.

The story is and the characters are just not engaging enough imho, I think it lacks an epic feel, and it borrows heavily from games like Bioshocks, Thiefs, Half Lifes but does not improve on the borrowed stuff, actually Dishonoured borrows from these games a lot but is not even half as good as any of those 3 (imho).

Just wanted to share my feelings on the game but most important thing is buy it yourself and make your own mind up!

Phil.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2013 8:40 PM BST

Shoot 'em Up [DVD]
Shoot 'em Up [DVD]
Dvd ~ Clive Owen
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the most entertaining films ever, 31 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Shoot 'em Up [DVD] (DVD)
one of the best films of all time as far as i am concerned. a lot of reviewers on here need to chill out a bit. it is funny reading their stressed out reviews, talking nonesence. not every film needs to be taken seriously. shoot em up 10 out of 10 for great action pieces, great comedy, fun story and pure entertainment.