Profile for Awkers65 > Reviews

Horrible Histories - Series 4 [DVD]
Horrible Histories - Series 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dominic Brigstocke

5.0 out of 5 stars There is no other way to learn about history, 20 Jan. 2014
These were bought for my now 15 year old Daughter who absolutely loves this series.
The way the information is put across is entertaining and throws in the odd surprise at the same time. I guarantee whilst watching any of the seasons you will turn to each other and say "Oh, I didn't know that"!

Small World Board Game
Small World Board Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Fun, 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Small World Board Game (Toy)
I went out on a limb with this one, thought it would be good to try something different. Initially the rules seem a bit daunting but once you play through it once it's fine.
We all love the fact that every game is different with the matching of characters being different every time and therefore brining a different dynamic to every game.
I am really interested in trying some of the expansion packs (another reason for buying it).
The quality of the product is good as well.
Only downside is that I have lost every game so far!

Breaking Bad - Season 3 [DVD] [2010]
Breaking Bad - Season 3 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston
Offered by filmrollen

5.0 out of 5 stars A must Watch, 3 April 2013
I won't review the programme other than to say if you haven't started watching this whole series yet, what are you waiting for. The DVD transfer seems good.

Gamewright Forbidden Island Game
Gamewright Forbidden Island Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Good family fun, 3 April 2013
What I particullary like about this game is that you work as a team so there are no outright winners. The rules are fairly simple to follow and working as a team lets you discuss tatics etc. It seems to vary depending what characters you get as to whether the game is difficult or not. My only complaint is I'm not sure of the games longevity appeal but we've been playing it off and for around six months so for the price I'd say it is worth it.

6pcs ND2 ND4 ND8 Gradual ND2 4 8 Filter Set + 9pcs Ring Adapter LF6
6pcs ND2 ND4 ND8 Gradual ND2 4 8 Filter Set + 9pcs Ring Adapter LF6
Offered by XCSOURCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 3 April 2013
I haven't been able to use them in anger yet but the filters seem OK (plastic) and the holder fits well onto the lenses. They are not going to impress the purist's but if you are an ameteur looking to experiment I would highly recommend.

Wolf's Law
Wolf's Law

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Wolf's Law (Audio CD)
This album has grown from thier first release. If you want to really feel the changes and expeirience this properly. See this band live. I saw them recently and I thought the "show" was the best I have seen for many years. It bought the music to life with raw energy and thumping waqll of sound. I wish them all the success they deserve (but I also hope it doesn't spoil them too). If you liked the first album you'll love this one. Only complaint I'm not sure about the last track yet!

SureFlap Microchip Cat Flap - Brown
SureFlap Microchip Cat Flap - Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it say's on the Box, 3 April 2013
Installed with no hassle where an existing flap allready existed, took about 20 mins. Worked straight away and no more unwanted visitors, so a happy cat and a happy wife! I did hiowever have a problem with some interference stopping the unit working but with excellent customer service the probelm was solved and all is right with the world again.

Would recommend.

Complete Matrix Trilogy [Blu-ray] [1999] [Region Free]
Complete Matrix Trilogy [Blu-ray] [1999] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Keanu Reeves

5.0 out of 5 stars Updated from DVD, 3 April 2013
Picture quality bgrings this gfilm to life. Enjoying showing the kids although it's not so ground breaking for them. Yes we all have opinions about the quality of 2 & 3 but the transfer qulity seems good.

WD My Passport 500GB Portable Hard Drive - Black
WD My Passport 500GB Portable Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for that extra Storage, 3 April 2013
I use this to back up my photographs and have no issues with it at all. I di however re-format it to get rid of the pre loaded software.

Neewer Replacement Wired Remote Shutter Release Control with LED Indicator for Nikon Camera
Offered by Neewer Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands Free!, 10 Feb. 2013
Ok, so it's not wireless but this device for the money is fantastic. I've used it several times now and have had hours of fun with it. Setting the camera to bulb and using the lock on the remote you can hold the camera open indefinately, great for those night shots.

If you want to have a go at tripod / macro work and have a limited budget this item is perfect. Used with a Nikon D3100.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3