Profile for Mr. A. M. Offley > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. M. Offley

Mr. A. M. Offley "Tonyo" (Gibraltar)

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - (Xbox 360)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN
Price: 15.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down the best Shooter there is or has been (perhaps even will be), 12 Nov 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
You can always improve but short of reality I can't see how. HAve had this game 5 days (since last Wednesday morning) of which 1 whole day (over 24 hrs - 20 hrs on live - most games I am bored with before this amount of time spread over a month) has been spent playing it. That includes having ten hours each day at work Wed - Friday, pub excursions and football on the weekend. I can't get off it when I'm not doing anything else. By now you know about the game from other reviews but it is simply amazing.

The actual game is qaulity with a very good storyline split between US and UK forces. Play this on regular first to get the hang of it - seriously don't try veteran straight away, 1 or 2 shots and you're dead. I've just started it on veteran and am stuck. I would normally perhaps stop after 20 attempts at a certain point on a game and say sod to the achievments. I am stuck at a point on the 3 mission (less than half way through the first of 3 chapters) and I've tried it 40 or 50 times and am still trying as a get a little further to the next checkpoint each time. I am not giving up on this one, it is that breathtaking and different each time, even on the same level that I am still enjoying it evry time. Think about it though, how many times am I gonna have this situation in the game, but honestly you won't want to leave it.

Online is remarkable - there is so much to do, so many combinations of weapons to gain, ranks to attain, challenges to accomplish - over 20 hrs online already and I haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg.

Truthflly the best shoot'em up experience I ahve ever had. Come to think of it I have never enjoyed a computer game as much as I have this one.

HONESTLY PLEASE BUY IT. YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED. Give them the biggest budget possible for COD5.

Medal of Honor: Airborne (Xbox 360)
Medal of Honor: Airborne (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gameseek
Price: 18.35

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but lacks in Multi Player, 17 Sep 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
As a single player game it is game, graphics wise and sound etc is brilliant as you would expect. But it is very very short - only 6 missions.

It is the multiplayer that lets it down. It does not rival COD3 in this respect. Ok one side can parachute in etc but the maps are very small. Max 12 players on a map. There is only team battle, a sort of similar thing to the "war" mode on COD3 and that's it. No capture the flag, no all against all or anything like that.
This really lets down the title in my opinion, infact I've had it less than a week and I'm bored of it and am back to playing COD3 on multiplayer.
Buy this only if you are really really really keen on the novelty factor of being able to parachute. That's it!!!