Profile for Peter Phillips > Reviews

Content by Peter Phillips

Peter Phillips "Optician" (London UK)

Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Tea Maker, 1.5 Litre, 2400 Watt
Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Tea Maker, 1.5 Litre, 2400 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars If not now - when?, 20 May 2016
If you're reading this I know what you're thinking. This thing is bonkers and should I really be thinking of spending this much on something that makes tea!!
Do it! It's F.A.B.
Love it.
Probably your male - I have a sneaky feeling this is a "boys toy" - but it makes super tea, is fun to use AND (justification) it has a timer function so the tea is ready when you get up.
Someone no doubt will eventually say "you spent HOW MUCH on something that MAKES TEA!" - just say "it has a timer function" - that's your out.
Enjoy ...

4 Scotch Brite Lint Roller Removes Hair and Fluff 3 Meters
4 Scotch Brite Lint Roller Removes Hair and Fluff 3 Meters
Offered by UK ONLINE

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product - Good value, 3 Oct. 2015
Pretty good on clothes and light soiling. For cat fur on the sofa I found that tearing about 3 or 4 sheets worth of roll off first and pressing it harder into the fluff gave a better result. Would buy again and they had no delivery charge...see below.
I tried these because the Caraselle ones (although sticky-er and therefore better on the sofa) have confusing pricing and always a delivery charge! I really don't like delivery charges and try to avoid products that have them.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works! Well it did for a while!!!, 16 July 2014
Can't fault this product - but now see below!!
Works perfectly
If your PICC Line is in your upper arm get the one as shown on the forearm
It can be worked up into position
Takes a while to get into place but if you have a PICC Line already you ain't in no hurry!!
Instructions clear
I will swim in this when energy hopefully back
Good investment - not cheap - but better products never are
Will expect longevity therefore - will report back on this aspect

18th July 2014
I am sorry to report that I have to un-recommend this product - material split from top to bottom on 6th use.
MAYBE because I was using it on upper arm not as shown below elbow but that said I am extremely thin at the moment and my upper arm is skinnier.
Also don't have long nails.
So it's useless and expensive so don't buy it.
I have left my original review in place as when it was new it did work - for reference - but 5 uses for £18.00 is not acceptable.
Back to Boots blue elasticated plastic sleeve.....

Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer
Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Genius at twice the price ..., 17 Nov. 2008
...but at this price it's a steal.

I bought this after considering hiring a machine until I realized I would have to do the whole house in a weekend and would probably kill myself in the process. My initial attraction was that it does hard floors too and as I have three cats cleaning the utility room and kitchen is a daily chore for me. I tried it there first with amazing results and used the hose attachment to do the corners and surfaces. Brilliant. It cleaned and sucked up any stray pet hairs leaving the kitchen remarkably clean. I leave it 'ready-to-go' for this task permanently.

When you need to clean the carpets though, be prepared for the shock of seeing the black furry sludge that it will extract from your carpets! Gosh! - the place has never been so clean. (Don't clean the carpets if your mother's visiting. It will only confirm what she's been telling you all this time. Your house is filthy!!)
I would suggest chucking this slime down the loo not the sink though - you just wait and see - and I'VE had my carpets professionally cleaned previously.

Instructions are very clear although you need a bit of practice to get the best results. Go slowly as instructed. Some reviews say it's heavy but don't forget it's not a vacuum cleaner - repeat - go slowly.

It IS very loud!! - but in a good " I'm doing a great job here" way. I suggest ear defenders (DIY shop; near the chain-saws). I improvised with cotton wool and a pair of furry ear muffs normally used for skiing - no photos please! If you have sensitive neighbours it would probably be a good idea to let them know that the noise is going to go on for quite a while but they will be welcome to come and eat off your carpets later. DON'T lend it to anyone as you'll never get it back.

Also a breeze on the sofa.

You will need quite a lot of the cleaning solution - my 10 metre by 5 metre sitting/dining room + hallway took 3 bottles - although I did try to do an extra thorough job - four passes instead of the recommended two. Yes this adds to the cost but how often are you going to clean the carpets? Also this is the stuff professionals use so it's not just for show - the oxygenating action pushes the dirt up to the surface. (How do I know - 'cos the last guy who cleaned my carpets showed me!) The solution smells great and as the machine mixes it with the water itself there's no measuring to do.

Following the instructions will leave your carpet only a bit damp - you keep going on 'DRY' until it's sucked up most of the water - I put the furniture back after a few hours - no probs.

I've already calculated that hiring would have cost me more and as for calling in the "professionals" - MUCH more - so it's definitely worth the investment especially because I use it every day in the kitchen. At the time of this review I had it 2 weeks and I do not know how I managed without it!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2015 10:31 AM GMT