Profile for S. D. Pearce > Reviews

Content by S. D. Pearce

S. D. Pearce "Educator" (UK)

ACCU-CHEK ACTIVE TEST STRIPS (50STRIPS)
ACCU-CHEK ACTIVE TEST STRIPS (50STRIPS)
Offered by Acorn solution

5.0 out of 5 stars delivered as expected, 7 Aug. 2014
good product, with 6 months + expiry date, delivered as expected

Electric
Electric

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect!, 24 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Electric (Audio CD)
Like most reviews, I have been an avid fan of the Pet Shop boys since their first album. I remember listing to their first album 28 years ago when I was 17, I played it over and over again, with this album I had the same feeling! There are some fantastic tracks and I love the upbeat/dance feel of the album. There are some well crafted songs and most are a throw back to some of their better early releases. If you like the Pet Shop Boys, then you will probably like this album. The downside was a few tracks had some sounds from the 80's which for me didn't fit with the current sounds of 2013, whereas other tracks seemed well up to date. The album graphic cover and content was pretty poor for the PSB's, however, they are probably saving the better packaging for the extended 'extra money' remix version of the album, which will probably come out in the future.

Canon 50D: From Snapshots to Great Shots: Simple Steps to Great Photos
Canon 50D: From Snapshots to Great Shots: Simple Steps to Great Photos
by Jeff Revell

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, easy to undestand guide to use the Canon 50D., 23 July 2009
I found the book very easy to read and follow. I like the personal way the book was written and how the author recommends ways to experiment with the camera. I like the instruction manual that comes with the camera, but this book adds another dimension, by providing pictures and projects to try at the end of each chapter. Overall a good book, that I would recommend to the amateur photographer.

Fujitsu 500GB Handy Drive V5 Portable External Hard Drive (Inc. Backup Software)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, slim and stylish looking external Hard Drive, 23 July 2009
Easy to use, good looking, well designed, slim and easy to carry. Fast transfer of files. I am very happy wih this product and would recommend it. I haven't used the back-up software yet, but have used it to save files from my laptop. It does show fingerprints easily, so a case may be a good additional purchase. It also contains two cables for USB connection. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase and the prompt delivery by Amazon.

Canon EOS 50D Digital SLR Camera (incl. EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens Kit)
Canon EOS 50D Digital SLR Camera (incl. EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens Kit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Camera! Excellent Pictures!, 21 July 2009
The Canon Eos 50D is a superb camera. I use the camera for taking pictures for marketing purposes for my company. The quality of pictures is clear, high quality and the different modes allow for different types of shot. The camera has a lot of automatic functions, but also can be used with manual settings. I have found the camera extremely easy to use and the photographs outstanding. The 17-85 lens is very good and I have also purchased a 250mm zoom lens from Amazon. Amazon was very prompt with their delivery, next day! If you want professional photos from an excellent camera, but cannot afford the mark5 Cannon, then you will be very pleased with this camera. I prefer it to Nikon and the range of lenses from Canon are excellent.