Profile for Mr. G. Levine > Reviews

Content by Mr. G. Levine

Mr. G. Levine (Manchester)

The Great Cholesterol Myth: Why Lowering Your Cholesterol Won't Prevent Heart Disease-and the Statin-Free Plan That Will

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book that will definitely cause some questions at your next check up!, 6 Dec. 2012
This was a great book. Not the easiest to read, and if you are feeling like you keep waiting for a summary of what to do, there is one right at the end! The book will definitely make you question conventional medical viewpoints!

Piranhas in the Bidet: A Snappy Guide to Better Partnerships with Your Customers, Your People and Yourself!
by Phil Jesson

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book!, 24 April 2009
This book is amazing. I couldn't put it down!

It is a bit different from the average business book as it is written as a story and not just and list of what to do. This made it a little hard for me to decide I wanted to read it as I couldn't just flick through, but once I did start, I couldn't stop. The quality of writing is equal to any of the best nonfiction books I have read.

There is really good information and pearls of wisdom in the book. In fact I wrote about 4 pages of notes. Another good thing is that the book gives a lot of examples of the questions to ask. Often with these kind of books they give advice and solutions, but the situation in your business is different and not the perfect case. This book however focuses on asking the right questions and what to do with and how to deal with the answers. It's just nice because the book and author does not ram it down your throat, but allows you to see the advice in the context of the story. As a CEO who knows my own mind, I often do better with my own penny dropping than being told!

Buy it and read it - you won't be disappointed!