Profile for D. A. Moore > Reviews

Content by D. A. Moore

D. A. Moore (Costa Blanca, Spain)

Sony KDL-75W855C Smart 3D 75-inch Full HD TV (Android TV, X-Reality Pro, Motionflow XR 800 Hz, Wi-Fi and NFC) - Black, 2015 Model
Offered by Ballicom International
Price: £2,031.21

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty USB Sockets, 8 Oct. 2015
My review of this TV is the opposite of the last review. I have one minor fault with Amazon and a more major fault with the TV. I received my first TV 4 weeks ago and was very happy with the TV. The quality of the picture was amazing. The TV was relatively straightforward to set-up and operate. I was particularly interested in the USB sockets on the TV as I like to watch a lot of stuff that I have downloaded.
After a week the USB sockets would no longer recognise the memory stick I had plugged in, although I had watched a number of movies on it during the week. I searched the internet and found a forum where someone had the same problem and the suggestion was the TV needed a new motherboard.
I contacted Amazon and told them I wanted a replacement. They dispatched it immediately.
I live in Spain and returning the original TV was expensive, but Amazon met the cost.
The replacement TV arrived two weeks ago and once set up worked with the memory stick the first time I tried it. However, the second attempt failed, with the USB socket no longer recognising the memory stick. I thought this to be too much of a coincidence and again took to the internet for an answer. FAQs on the Sony website made no mention of additional action being required to play something from a memory stick. However, there was a reference to having to format a HDD to record to a HDD from the USB socket, so I tried formatting the memory stick. It worked!
It has worked for two weeks, until this evening, when the TV stopped recognising the USB stick again.
I am at a loss as to what to do, other than ask Amazon for a refund and look for another TV
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2015 1:32 PM GMT

Excelvan® Black Crocodile PU Leather Automatic Watch Winder Auto Single Wristwatch Winder Rotator UK
Offered by Oxford Street

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 9 Aug. 2015
I was very disappointed with this item. At first I had great difficulty fixing the watch into the machine (two plastic tongues have to fit between two other bits of plastic) and the watch kept falling out of the machine when I switched it on. Once I solved that problem the various pprogrammes didn't work properly. It was supposed to rotate, then reverse but it wouldn't reverse and just stopped.

Canon PowerShot A4000 IS Digital Camera - Red (16.0 MP, 8x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Point and Shoot Camera, 21 Dec. 2012
Looked at various cameras before deciding on this model, and my wife wanted a red one. She is very pleased with the results so far

Garmin Nmaps - Full European Lifetime Map Updates for nuvi series
Garmin Nmaps - Full European Lifetime Map Updates for nuvi series

1.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Numaps Lifetime Updates, 19 May 2011
So far all my comments have to be negative. I have a Garmin nuvi1340. I signed in on-line and activated the card but while the device product number is identified I keep getting an HTTP500 Error message and no suggestion what to do to correct it.
I contacted Garmin by email on 20th April but to date have not had a reply, other than an acknowledgement.
Luckily I have no plans that will need the use of the sat/nav in the next few weeks!