Profile for Celimene > Reviews

The Hidden Crown: Northland - 1166
by David Haworth
Price: 10.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellently Paced and a Fun Read, 24 July 2014
A thoroughly entertaining alternate history. It's extremely well-paced, the characters are interesting, and even plot points that you expect are well-executed and don't feel cliched. The ending was slightly rushed, but as a first book, it's really well-done. Compelling, fun, detailed and a bit bloody. Would happily read more by this author.

Little Miss Austen: Pride & Prejudice: A BabyLit Counting Primer (BabyLit Books)
by Jennifer Adams
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars My 22 month old's favourite book! She asks for "Pied and Pejudice" almost ..., 24 July 2014
My 22 month old's favourite book! She asks for "Pied and Pejudice" almost every night. She loves counting along with the book (and naming the Bennet sisters), and I tell her the story as we read it. (For example: "Mr. Collins is boring, and Lizzie doesn't want to marry him because she doesn't love him.") BabyLit's such a wonderful way to introduce her to literature!

Little Master Kipling: The Jungle Book (BabyLit)
Little Master Kipling: The Jungle Book (BabyLit)
by Jennifer Adams
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Among the best BabyLit titles, 24 July 2014
Definitely a winner. My 22 month old daughter LOVES this book. It's bright, colourful, and holds my daughter's interest. Among the best BabyLit titles, in my opinion.

Magritte's Imagination
Magritte's Imagination
by Susan Goldman Rubin
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's favourite book!, 10 Sep 2013
My 13 month old daughter makes me read this book to her constantly. It's a huge hit - especially the iconic Magritte paintings "The Tomb of the Wrestlers" and "Golconde". I find the text to be less irritating than similar poems found in the Mini Masters series, so I don't mind repeating it as much. My only minor criticism would be the inclusion of "Alice in Wonderland". I don't think it's representative of Magritte's work - but that's an issue of personal preference rather than an issue with the book itself. On the whole, it's a fine book. My daughter loves it and I don't hate reading it ad nauseum.

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
by Eric Carle
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic, 28 Mar 2013
A wonderful, classic childrens' book. My 8 month old daughter smiles and kicks with glee when I bring this out to read. At her age, the bright and cheerful illustrations make this a hit. In time, it will be a fun way to teach her animals and colours. A must-have.

Fly London Women's Valve Bootie
Fly London Women's Valve Bootie

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Comfortable, 16 Oct 2010
I've had these boots for a few months now and am still amazed by how consistently comfortable they are. They're adorable, they're very early 20th Century retro and they can handle stomping around the somewhat uneven streets of Copenhagen for hours without becoming uncomfortable. While I agree that the ankles are a bit narrow - the size 4 *just* fits - in time they do loosen up a little. If this style is still around when these wear out, I would buy another pair without a second thought. Love them!

Good Food: Pasta and Noodle Dishes: Triple-tested Recipes: Tried-and-tested Recipes (BBC Good Food)
by Jeni Wright
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Necessity for Busy Cooks, 2 Mar 2010
This cookbook has been a godsend. I'm a working woman who cooks for a very large Viking husband who requires lots of carbs to keep him adequately fuelled. If left to his own devices, he'd eat nothing but spaghetti and meatballs every day. Fortunately for both of us, I found the GoodFood cookbook series and this one in particular. There are lots of delightful, varied pasta dishes in here that satisfy the husband's carb cravings and my desire to eat reasonably healthy, fresh food. Of all the cookbooks I have, this one gets used the most. Love it!