Profile for D. A. JOHN WASE > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Baker Street Boys: The Case of the Captive Clairvoyant
The Baker Street Boys: The Case of the Captive Clairvoyant

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put this one down, either., 18 Jun 2014
I have a 10 year old. He's already read the Sherlock Holmes short stories, which are really essential background reading, and just couldn't put these down. Most highly recommended.

The Baker Street Boys: The Case of the Racehorse Ringer
The Baker Street Boys: The Case of the Racehorse Ringer

5.0 out of 5 stars Son of 10 couldn't put it down, 18 Jun 2014

Aula Bundles Blue LED Keyboard+ Mouse Illuminated Backlit Multimedia Gaming Combos
Offered by iGrace-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 25 April 2014
It Arrived Fast, Only Problem was it was a US KeyBoard NOT a UK keyboard e.g no @ £ on it. Other from that, great product. YOU HAVE TO BY!!

Citronic SMS002 Large Studio Swivel Microphone Boom Arm
Citronic SMS002 Large Studio Swivel Microphone Boom Arm
Offered by D&M Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of kit, 16 Sep 2013
I bought this as a present for my son, aged 9. He loves it. The price was good and it was packed in a huge parcel, with plenty of bubblewrap, so the arms didn't get bent. It arrived when it should and the postage was reasonable. The quality is good and the arms and fittings robust. The microphone is of good quality and more than adequate for the u-tube stuff he's doing. He's very pleased and I'm happy.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2013 4:43 AM GMT

Silk Flame Firelight
Silk Flame Firelight
Offered by The More Shop Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Son's nightlight, 18 April 2013
This review is from: Silk Flame Firelight
Nice little light with blown silk pieces flame effect. Runs from a solid-state transformer, so low voltage and economical. Switch on lead, rather far from the nightlight: on a low table: you have to bend almost to the floor to turn it off (and I'm geriatric with a bad back). But it cuts the mustard. For us, a well-used and much-loved gadget. Happy.

22 Tips To Be A Better Writer (Writing For Fun And Profit Book 1)
22 Tips To Be A Better Writer (Writing For Fun And Profit Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars no review, 18 April 2013
As I bought this for my son, and have not looked at his kindle purchases, I cant rate it. Sorry

Garfield Pet Force 3D [DVD]
Garfield Pet Force 3D [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mark A.Z. Dippe

5.0 out of 5 stars son (8) loves garfield, 29 Sep 2012
This review is from: Garfield Pet Force 3D [DVD] (DVD)
New 3D HD Telly. Ordered Garfield DVD for my eight year old son. Price OK, delivery OK, Son loves it. What more can I add?

Kodak EasyShare M580 Digital Camera - Purple (14MP, 8x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Provided you can manage the colour..., 17 Jun 2012
I bought this because it was as cheap as to get my old one repaired. It was inexpensive and arrived quickly. Had problems with courier (unless they know exactly where we are, couriers always give us problems), bu that's hardly the vendor's fault. The camera is well thought out, and a lot of care has been given to things like integration of the functions and useability. Plenty of provision for various scenes (backlight, party, etc) and antishake and face recognition. Fits in my pocket, an important criterion, and on-screen cropping is also important to me as I am disabled and often cannot get to prime positions. Does video and HD. the Schneider Kreuznach lens assembly is good and sharp, and very wide angle. Build quality, however is not too robust but my biggest beef is the colour reproduction, which is nowhere near as good as say a comparable Panasonic Lumix or Olympus. I'll trade all that, however, for its ease of use - you only get one chance at many a shot, and this camera will get it.

Green Onions
Green Onions

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 16 Jun 2012
This review is from: Green Onions (Audio CD)
This was a replacement for one my little boy lost. Price good. Well packed. Arrived when they said it would. What more, as a buyer, do I want?

HP CA350 Digital Camera Black (10MP x3 zoom, 2.7" LCD, 3200 ISO, Smile, Blink & Face Detection, Red Eye Removal )

5.0 out of 5 stars so easy to use...., 12 Jun 2012
Just bought a couple of Kodak M580's (new in scratched box), both silver. I also have had a purple one (which I keep constantly in my pocket) for some time. The camera is small, neat and has a huge screen at the rear, no easier or more difficult to see than any other unshielded LCD screen. Controls are easy to use; most on the back. The zoom works with a conventional rocker in the usual way. It is easy to focus, and lets you know when this is done. It detects faces, can do a red-eye preflash, and has antishake technology. Much care has been given to integration of the controls. At 8x optical zoom (with a nice, wide-angle Schneider Kreuznach lens assembly), it is still pin-sharp when zoomed to maximum (additional x8), and as I'm a disabled geriatric, I often need to do this to get what I want. I bought a Panasonic FS35 (8x Zoom, 16 megapixel) recently to compare it. The colour on this is more natural, and it produces beautiful pictures, but on-screen cropping is difficult whereas the Kodak merely expands until it is almost in danger of pixelation. Some controls, notably the zoom, on the Panasonic are, in comparison, notably "clunky", and often it adamantly refused to crop. I'll put up with the colour on the Kodak - you only get one good shot at a train, and this one does the business. I found Allcam's bundle (£54.98 inc post) the cheapest, and can also recommend their service.

Page: 1 | 2