Profile for Mr. R. J. Cronshaw > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. J. Cronshaw

Mr. R. J. Cronshaw (York, England)

Wanted: Weapons Of Fate (PC DVD)
Wanted: Weapons Of Fate (PC DVD)
Offered by Startup Media
Price: 1.56

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 Single issues, 7 Jun 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I only have three problems with this game. They are thus;

1. It's a bit easy. Even on "The Killer" difficulty I wasn't over-straining myself, and I'm not exactly FPS man...

2. One or two ludicrous design elements, most noteably the controllable turret sections...

3. The length. It's SO short! Granted, I was rather idiotic in reading other reviews then thiniking "Hurr... Bet it's actually really long..."
Believe me it's not... I managed to finish it in around 3 and a half hours.

Therefore, all I can say is wait 'till the price drops. There are a few people who say that this game doesn't bring anything new to the table, but not every new game has to. In this instance, concepts we are farmiliar with make the game flow much better. And for those who think the bullet curving is overratted and you can get through the game just using that, try cranking up the difficulty - it makes kills harder with bullet curving.

Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edition (PC)
Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edition (PC)
Offered by GameExplorers
Price: 9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Only one gripe:, 23 Feb 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Okay, having owned and played Assassin's for a few months now, I can safely say that I personally have only one problem with it;

UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES!

No need to say more than that this game has SO MUCH TALKING that it is only put to shame by the verbal diaorhhea of Metal Gear Solid 4.

However, I see no problem with the controls... I grasped them quickly enough and I found them rather intuitive. Far easier than the console version which I tried at a friend's house... (That might just be because I'm a PC gamer through and through)

The graphical detail is SUPERB. I understand issues with jumpiness that people may have, but if you look closely... I mean VERY closely... during some cutscenes, you will notice that this game could possibly have some of the best graphics available today.. NOT KIDDING! (But remember to look VERY closesly to spot the minor details)

Therefore, I heartily recommend this game to all - as long as you are prepared to sit through some pretty long cutscenes!

Warhammer: 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade (PC)
Warhammer: 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade (PC)
Offered by Tracymuk
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray!, 12 Aug 2006
Ah... finally.

The much waited for second expansion to Dawn of War.

As the first game went, it was brilliant, though the single-player campaign was a little dissapointing. The expansion - winter assault - included a new race, the imperial guard, and brought a much improved campaign. Now, with dark crusade adding the Tau and Necrons, bringing the races to a total of seven, we also have the new meta map. This promises to be an exciting feature, along with the other features that this game brings.

I would definetley reccomend pre-oredering this title now.