Profile for Searcher Of Cats > Reviews

Content by Searcher Of Cats

Searcher Of Cats (North Wales, UK)

Violet
Violet

5.0 out of 5 stars 80's Style Techno-Metal, 5 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Violet (Audio CD)
I will say now that, if you're into this sort of music, that this is a BRILLIANT album. Imagine the Human League being redone by Marilyn Manson and you'd almost be close to envisioning the roaring Techno-Metal-Pop that is the Birthday Massacre.

Sweet and heavy all at the same time, Chibi's vocals give the quitars a soft edge, without them losing their funkyness... and we all love funkyness =D

This album can be haunting, thrashy and sweet all at the same time, which is a rare thing to find... I'd reccomend this to anyone who loves to discover new and exciting bands before most other people ;)

Diabolical Streak
Diabolical Streak

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly Jazzy!, 15 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Diabolical Streak (Audio CD)
I came across Jill Tracy while watching a machinima movie set to one of her songs, "The Fine Art Of Poisoning". Since then, I've only ever managed to hear one other song (I'm still saving for the album- lol!) and she is a VERY talented singer and songwriter.

The fine art of poisoning is a slow, dark, jazzy tune, which goes along quite slowly, but not in an annoying way. Very haunting and beautiful- I love it!

The other song I'm reviewing is called "Let's Spend An Evil Night Togther", and is overall more "bouncy" than the other song, but is still classy, jazzy and sexy. The piano music is wonderful and Jill Tracy's voice is gorgeous...

I really recommend this artist
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2013 7:32 PM BST