Profile for amanda lowe > Reviews

Content by amanda lowe

amanda lowe

Better Than Good Hair: The Curly Girl Guide to Healthy, Gorgeous Natural Hair!
Better Than Good Hair: The Curly Girl Guide to Healthy, Gorgeous Natural Hair!
by Nikki Walton

4.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Good Hair, 27 Mar. 2014
I love this book, as I am a naturalista and found the book very informative. It is a useful guide for those transitioning from relaxed hair to natural hair. However, my only gripe is there are no colour pictures.

Press Play
Press Play
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Press Play P.Diddy, 27 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Press Play (Audio CD)
This album is one of my favourites. It puts today's Hip Hop and R'n'B to shame. Every track is a dance floor filler. I remember reading the raving review in "The Sunday Times" that is what prompted me to by it. It is one of Puffy's best albums. I loved the African beats and Eastern samples in the music and the tongue and cheek lyrics in some of the songs. My favourite song is "Tell Me" that song is haunting.

Pushin' Against a Stone
Pushin' Against a Stone

5.0 out of 5 stars Pushin' Against a Stone by Valerie June, 27 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Pushin' Against a Stone (Audio CD)
Pushin' Against a Stone reminds a mishmash of Country, the Blues and Bluegrass music. It is a underated album she should be a star.
I gave it five stars as she sounds like she comes from a different era thats probably why she has not reached a bigger audience. If you love the soundtrack from the Coen Brothers "O'Brother Art Thou", starring George Clooney, or people like John Lee Hooker you will love this.

True
True

5.0 out of 5 stars True by Solange Knowles, 27 Mar. 2014
This review is from: True (Audio CD)
A very modern take on early 80s R'n'B music. Her beats are sparse and the production is beautiful. I would recommend the album to anyone.