Profile for Jarmo L > Reviews

Content by Jarmo L

Jarmo L (Helsinki, Finland)

Page: 1 | 2
SONY RM-ED045 Original Remote Control
SONY RM-ED045 Original Remote Control
Offered by The One Stop Sat Shop ®

4.0 out of 5 stars Original remote is the best, 10 Jun. 2015
Works perfectly. I hope it lasts at least as long as the previous one. The delivery was a prompt one.

Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars [Blu-ray]
Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Claudia Black
Offered by The Canny Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Conclusion for an innovative sci-fi series, 10 Jun. 2015
The story gets a worthy conclusion. I watched this series and these final extended episodes with my son and he liked them as well.

On the technical side I would prefer subtitles, English or even better Finnish, since the cinematic sound is typically very loud on the special effects. It is hard to hear the dialog due to this wide dynamic. I live in a block of flats and the required volume level ought to be moderate during the evening hours. It is nice to hear different accents - thank you Australian actors. These enrich the language so much more.

Tough Guys [DVD] [1987]
Tough Guys [DVD] [1987]
Dvd ~ Burt Lancaster

5.0 out of 5 stars About getting old gracefully..., 1 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Tough Guys [DVD] [1987] (DVD)
This movie has not lost its touch. Excellent little timeless story played by two greats of American cinema. It makes you a little sad and also happy as the best films do.

All Things Will Unwind
All Things Will Unwind

5.0 out of 5 stars Artist name says everything..., 1 Jun. 2015
This review is from: All Things Will Unwind (Audio CD)
I love this record. It is a work of a genius. I heard her music first on a local radio and I had to get one of her records. This was the one I bought and never had any regrets.
Vocally, she is very skilled and after I checked some of her videos, visually too. I like the lyrics a lot, too. A fresh sound that will allure new people to kind of light avantgarde music. I hope she will continue to break the limits.

Hozer "Ever Ready" Protective Leather Camera Case Bag Cover for Fujifilm XQ1 Digital Camera (Brown)

5.0 out of 5 stars Important addition for your Fujifilm XQ-1 camera, 5 Dec. 2014
Just what I needed. It protects the camera and there are also short and longer leather straps included. It covers all the camera and the retro looks is outstanding. Actually, who could ask anything more.

Taste of Treme
Taste of Treme
by Todd-Michael St. Pierre

5.0 out of 5 stars The described food is simple and tastes good, and therefore, 4 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Taste of Treme (Hardcover)
The book is well written and interesting. I have done a couple of recipes with small adjustments and I will continue to do so. The described food is simple and tastes good, and therefore, makes everyone happy. What more could you ask?

The only minus comes from the units used, however, it does not affect on the stars. Laissez le bon temps rouler.

Helly Hansen Duffel Bag - Nordic Purple, 30 Litre
Helly Hansen Duffel Bag - Nordic Purple, 30 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, 4 April 2014
This duffel bag is a wonderful item for traveling. I used it for a week-long-trip to Rome. I could pack all my things in it midsize camera case included and there was still empty space left inside. Today, when flying is the easiest way of traveling this bag is made for it. It is strong, light and easy to carry loads up to 10 kgs.

I bought a Nordic Purple one. It reminds me of an another blue thing that is bigger inside. ;)

Beautiful Africa
Beautiful Africa

4.0 out of 5 stars I will follow her..., 16 May 2013
This review is from: Beautiful Africa (Audio CD)
She is a great and brave talented artist. I think that the most impressive thing in her is her musical ability is to do some kind of crossover music through her African roots. The music is Malian with an distinct Western edge. Usually, these type of records are made the other way around being producer not artist based. Great work and development after the previous, also an excellent record.

The Very Best Irish Songs and Ballads: v. 3: Words, Music and Guitar Chords (Pat Conway Presents)
by Pat Conway

2.0 out of 5 stars Printing is substandard, 27 Feb. 2013
Don't get me wrong, the music included is fine but the printing quality management has failed big time in my copy. The staff is very hard to read probably due to too much water on the plate in printing process. To be useful, the music has to first be transferred to e.g. notation software and then printed again. It can not be read for prima vista or other playing directly.

100 Graded Classical Guitar Studies
100 Graded Classical Guitar Studies
by Frederick M Noad

5.0 out of 5 stars A good selection of great studies, 21 Nov. 2011
Some pieces are familiar from past guitar lessons some new but compilation and commentaries are excellent. Selected pieces develop various skills needed for enjoyable playing. Many difficulties forgotten during the years are rediscovered, and this is a good - or bad - thing depending on your state of mind.

I like given fingerings as they help the player prepare for the next position in time. These markings are usually forgotten but can be very useful. As a hobby guitarist I like also the progressive nature of the selected studies. All in all I like this book a lot.

Page: 1 | 2