Profile for Julie A. Elder > Reviews

Content by Julie A. Elder

Julie A. Elder "Joolz 1965" (Stockport UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Energy Medicine For Women: Aligning Your Body's Energies to Boost Your Health and Vitality

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Donna Eden, 11 Sep 2013
Still only about half way through but adds additional information from the Energy Medicine book so i am happy! Love Donna Eden's books. Having studied Kinesiology I find these books are easy to understand for the lay person and got me into studying this fabulous modality.

Office for Mac Home and Business Edition 2011 (1 User, 1 Mac) (Software)
Office for Mac Home and Business Edition 2011 (1 User, 1 Mac) (Software)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 11 Sep 2013
Having been using Pages and Numbers on my Mac for a couple of years after moving from Windows I finally succumbed and bought the Office for Mac and yes it is soo much easier to use.

VEO - AUDIO SUPPORTED Black iPhone 5 Adapter 8 pin to 30 pin connector / converter & dock adaptor. iPhone 4 / 4S to iPhone 5, iPod Touch 5
Offered by icestation

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems OK, 11 Sep 2013
I read alot of reviews about this product and it seemed to be the best of the bunch. Product arrived promptly - thank you. It seems to work well with my docking station and I am able to adjust the volume from the actual docking station itself which I was surprised by as you are not supposed to be able to! I have a bluetooth Parrot car kit in my car and I was abit nervous about seeing if it would work in the car but again it seems ok I have made a few calls with it and the music comes through OK so all in all I am very pleased with it. The only thing I would say and I think it was a comment made by someone else it does seem abit 'flimsy' - don't get me wrong it is well made but with the weight of the iPhone 5 (which is very light) it does feel abit 'top heavy' so i am hoping it will withstand some where and tear. I have ordered another two - one for my car so i can leave it permanently plugged in and another spare just in case. I will probably just leave them plugged into the appropriate docking stations as I am not sure how sturdy they would be to transfer all the time but yes it does work.

Running SUCKS! - Lose Pounds & Inches Using the Effortless Exercise Method, 5-Second Flat Belly Secret & 5-Minute Miracle Exercises

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 30 July 2012
This book was recommended to me by a friend. It seemed perfect. I have been a member of a gym for years and although i do try to go - having my own business, children and a life meant that it was not one of my top priorities although my health and fitness is really important to me.
Well this book is something that everyone should have on their shelves. It is concise and as the author says - she likes to get right to the point - she has no time for filling in pages with stuff that skirts around the subject. All the information is concise, relevant and works. For the price it is a must have. What more can i say - buy it you wont be disappointed!

eSecure - Mini Stitch Portable Sewing Machine Handheld + 4x Bobbins + Foot Pedal + Needle & Threader

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 19 Jun 2012
I bought this for my 8 year old daughter birthday as she was keen on sewing. Read lots of reviews on different products and decided on this as seemed to get the best reviews. For the people who have bought it for small project work I am sure that it is great. As an experienced dressmaker myself it is pretty basic but perfect for what she wants it for. There is only one length of stitch and no reverse but for making bags, pencil cases, purses etc it is just perfect. It comes ready threaded which is fab although not hard to thread. I read some reviews about getting tangled and thread breaking - we have not had this problem but I would suggest that this would happen if the needle wheel is turn clockwise or backwards. There is no light but for the price it is perfect. Very light and compact. I know it is not for a child as such but it may be too basic for an adult beginner - but I suppose that depends on what you want to do with it. My daughter is really pleased with it and for the price I am too.

My First Sewing Machine Book: Learn To Sew Kids
My First Sewing Machine Book: Learn To Sew Kids
by Alison McNicol

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 19 Jun 2012
Bought this for my 8 year old daughter's birthday along with a mini sewing machine. Great for her as easy to understand and very straight forward. Some easy projects in there as well.

Dolmen Compost Mixer and Aerator
Dolmen Compost Mixer and Aerator
Offered by Dolmen Designs

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab product, 19 Jun 2012
I bought this after reading all the reviews. i was tempted with the retractable spike type of aerator but decided on this as there did not seem to be any bad reviews. It is very easy to use. My husband complained that having a compost bin was a waste of time as there is all the turning involved which means more work for him - well i have proved him wrong. This is really simple, screw it in pull it up and after a few twists and turns you have well mixed compost! I do it maybe once a week - takes about 2 mins. Very strong and sturdy - doesn't have any moving parts so won't break, handle good length and very light so makes for a fab product.

Timex T5H121 Gents 1440 Sports Watch
Timex T5H121 Gents 1440 Sports Watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, 31 Dec 2011
I bought this for my son to replace the same watch that broke. It was exactly what he wanted. Good display that is easy to read. The only thing I would say is that the strap attachment to the watch is plastic not metal and although my sons last watch lasted about 3-4 years this is abit of a design error as you would not expect that part of the watch to break and it cannot be fixed.

A Green Guide to Natural Beauty
A Green Guide to Natural Beauty
by Karen Gilbert

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Dec 2011
I make my own skincare and there is a distinct lack of books that offer proper recipes. This is a Great book, good selection of recipes that are easy to follow. Definitely recommend

Girls World Styling Head (9363456)
Girls World Styling Head (9363456)
Offered by Toys n Leisure Shipping up until 9.00am 23rd Dec. Pay express if required

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 31 Dec 2011
This review is from: Girls World Styling Head (9363456)
Bought this for my 7 year old for Christmas. Taking into account all the reviews already given decided to go for it. Quality is not as good as the old style Girls World - had one myself as a child and loved it. Has no suction to attach to table, hair quality abit suspect but easily combed out. I can understand the negative reviews but at the end of the day my daughter loves it which is most important. There is no make up just the hair accessories. I suppose it is abit overpriced but I am hoping that it will last.

Page: 1 | 2