Profile for S. Robertson > Reviews

Content by S. Robertson

S. Robertson (Scotland UK)

Metal Black Hanging Tea Light Holder Gold Reflective Interior Candle Pack of 1
Metal Black Hanging Tea Light Holder Gold Reflective Interior Candle Pack of 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Let there be light 🌄, 12 Aug. 2015
Absolutely delighted with this candle holder, I have just ordered another two and plan to have all three of them on the "coals" of our living flame fire which we never use.
The holder arrived in jig time, I was given an expected date of the 17th Aug and it arrived today, 12th! Well packaged, it arrived safely and is sitting in my fire looking lovely withing for it's friends to arrive.
Thank you Pink Webs hop, one delighted customer here 😀

I Love You as Big as the World
I Love You as Big as the World
by David Van Buren

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Feb. 2012
This is a super book with excellent illustrations. The narrative is delightful and mostly manages to scan well as a comfortable read which my 3 year old granddaughter finds captivating. A lovely book to share, she really engages with the bear's relationship and is beginning to memorise some of the key words.

On the Night You Were Born
On the Night You Were Born
by Nancy Tillman
Edition: Board book

3.0 out of 5 stars good idea . . . . .but. . . ., 12 Feb. 2012
The idea of this book is lovely. The illustrations are largely delightful, but the narrative doesn't scan. I find this very frustrating when reading and my three year oldgranddaughter becomes quite restless while listening. I think this may be a book for an older child. I find it an uncomfortable cross between a story and a poetic work.

Wherever You Are, My Love Will Find You
Wherever You Are, My Love Will Find You
by Nancy Tillman

3.0 out of 5 stars good idea . . . . .but. . . ., 12 Feb. 2012

Wheels on the Bus (A Collection of Children's Songs & Rhymes)
Wheels on the Bus (A Collection of Children's Songs & Rhymes)
by Various Artists - Wheels On The Bus (Music CD)
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars A hit with kids, 21 Dec. 2011
Personally, as an adult, I find this CD pretty awful.

I think we may have had it on tape about 20years ago for the boys and now my granddaughter is enjoying it in the car.

Suits the kids, even if it is turned down low and put through to the back, then I can sing along if necessary or otherwise think my own thoughts.

A Dozen A Day: Primary Bk. 1 (Book & CD)
A Dozen A Day: Primary Bk. 1 (Book & CD)
by Edna-May Burnam

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo!, 28 Jun. 2011
I am a 52yr old kid learning piano, this book makes practice so much fun and I love the CD to play along to. Thank you Edna May :-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2014 10:02 AM GMT

There Is a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem
There Is a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem
by Wayne W. Dyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book!, 18 Feb. 2011
I am finding this book very helpful in every area of my life, giving me ideas to work with and showing me how problems can be approached from a spiritual angle.

The Diving-Bell and the Butterfly
The Diving-Bell and the Butterfly
by Jean-Dominique Bauby

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem of a little book., 14 April 2010
As a trained nurse I have come across many strong individuals who rise above immense adversity. This book speaks in its pages, from the inner mullings of the author, who was profoundly disabled by a massive stroke, yet it is neither sentimental nor gloomy. The author manages to take us through his feelings and memories with great agility.
A friend lent me this book and I ordered it from Amazon to have as a "keeper" which is not something I often do with a book.

A Midwife's Story
A Midwife's Story
by Penny Armstrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Great feel good read., 14 April 2010
This review is from: A Midwife's Story (Paperback)
Being a Scottish trained Midwife, I initially took umbridge at the author's rather deprecatory image of her training in Glasgow. I do realise that times have changed, she may have trained in the late '60s which was still a time of considerable poverty in this area. I ploughed on and ended up really enjoying the book. The copy I bought from Amazon was to have as a "keeper", a work colleague had lent me hers. I don't often keep books, but this is one I want to return to.