Profile for Mrs. S. Barlow > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. Barlow

Mrs. S. Barlow "Sasemi" (Nottingham UK)

Wreckers [DVD]
Wreckers [DVD]
Dvd ~ Claire Foy
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 18 July 2013
This review is from: Wreckers [DVD] (DVD)
Very proud to say I know one of the producers of this film. Saw it on TV, beautifully acted and a compelling story.

Sound City [DVD] [2013]
Sound City [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Dave Grohl

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Sound City [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
fantastic - can watch it over and over, I now want to do music production and sound engineering (aged 49 and a girl!!)

War Horse [DVD] [2011]
War Horse [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Irvine

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!, 18 Jan. 2012
This review is from: War Horse [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
fantastic film, saw it at the cinema on Saturday, and sobbed telling my workmate about it on Monday!! can't even watch the trailer without crying.
The book is written from the horse perspective hence why we don't get to know all the characters in depth, the film is about the horse!!
fantastic film - the only bit of CGI was for the horse falling in the trench and the barbed wire.

I have always loved horses, what fantastic animals!!
watch out for my friend Will Willoughby who rode the horse for most of the riding stunts and long shots, and is the guy holding the horse when they are reunited!!

Moonlight - Season 1 - Complete [DVD] [2008]
Moonlight - Season 1 - Complete [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Alex O'Loughlin

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 16 Sept. 2010
Got hooked on this when the series was on Living TV, sadly it fell foul of the writers strike and as a result no series too which I think is a real shame.
Slick well writing and a real chemistry between Beth (British Sophia) and Mick (Austrailian Alex). Lets hope they change their minds and do season 2!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Full steam ahead!!, 18 April 2008
I brought this after seeing it advertised on the shopping channels. After reading several reviews on various sites I thought it might take a bit of getting used to and it might not give fab results straight off, but I was surprised at how quickly you get the hang of it. I'm still scalding my fingers trying to do to the hem and cuff but I'm sure that will come with practice. It's great not having a big ironing board up - and I think I will feel more inclined to do the odd bit of ironing when getting a board up would have put me off. Don't throw the board away though as I don't think you could do flat items like tea towels and pillowcases.

Like another posted says it's not much good for permanent creases but thankfully I don't have too many of them!!

Overall I think this is a fab item.

Playground: A Childhood Lost Inside the Playboy Mansion
Playground: A Childhood Lost Inside the Playboy Mansion
by Jennifer Saginor

1.0 out of 5 stars who cares!!, 4 April 2008
Don't get this book if you want to learn more about Hugh Hefner and the playboy mansion as most of this book is outside of that. I cannot deny that she had a rough time and it must have been awful. Book feels rushed it leaps from about age 17 to 30 in a couple of pages!! I got half way through and thought 'who cares'!! I'm all for reflecting on past mistakes but she appears to have learnt nothing and uses her childhood as an excuse for taking drugs - which she apparently continues to do - get therapy!!. At the end of the day she thought the grass was greener going to live with her dad - drugs, designer clothes, Mansion parties, instead of a loving, more normal and structured life with her mum, and has spent every day of her life regretting it. Luckally with the rekindled interest in Playboy since the 'Girls Next Door', she's lucky enough to be able to cash in on it!!