Profile for Jon Faraday > Reviews

Content by Jon Faraday

Jon Faraday "Jon F" (Geneva)

Fingertip Pulse Oximeter and Oxygen Meter CMS50DLP with Soft Case (In black, blue, pink , white or yellow)
Offered by Blue Elite - Reliable Healthcare

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what I expected for a good price, 29 Dec. 2013
Neat product which gives the same readings as my Doc's more expensive item so I have confidence in the measurements. All COPD sufferers should have such a device.

Violent Ward
Violent Ward
by Len Deighton

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 22 May 2011
This review is from: Violent Ward (Paperback)
Good dry, black humour. Why isn't this a film already?
Len at his non-espionage best.
I keep re-reading it.

Spear of Destiny, The
Spear of Destiny, The
by Daniel Easterman

1.0 out of 5 stars Too easy, 22 May 2011
This review is from: Spear of Destiny, The (Paperback)
More Nazis in the desert -everything working like clockwork. Please, give us something more cerebral. He has written worthier works but, like Maroc, there's just no depth.

PURE Highway, In-Car DAB Radio With FM Transmitter (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, great price, 13 Jan. 2010
If you have become addicted to DAB at home and want the same quality in your car, this is the beast for you. It is so easy to install and use. The sound quality is heaps better than my car FM radio.
I love the fact that I can also use it as a personal, portable DAB radio.
The only slightly annoying thing about it is the windscreen mounting arm - the Highway visibly vibrates on it (maybe I need new shock absorbers).
It also makes a very good DAB converter for my (ancient) Technics home stereo rack.
I'm hooked.

Plays For Lovers
Plays For Lovers
Offered by The Music Warehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Plays for Lovers - revised, 24 Sept. 2003
This review is from: Plays For Lovers (Audio CD)
I rushed to order this thinking it would be the CD version of my old vinyl original: it isn't. It is still a very good collection of Miles' wonderful "mid-fifties" period though.
This version boasts 12 tracks vs eight on the original Prestige LP but unfortunately they dropped 4 of the original tracks (Something I Dreamed Last Night, That old Devil Moon, I See Your Face Before Me and Will You Still Be Mine). That's a shame as the first three of them were some of the best on the original.
Still, the extra tracks are a worthy addition to this edition.
And, if you have "Musings of Miles", "Steamin" and Blue Haze" you'll have them anyway.
Great late night listening.