Profile for Jay > Reviews

Jay

Supertramp: Live In Paris '79  [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free]
Supertramp: Live In Paris '79 [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Supertramp

5.0 out of 5 stars I was taken back in time...to a place I'd never been!!!!, 11 Sept. 2012
If it wasn't for Supertramp, back in the mid to late 70's I might have been turned off of music forever. They were THE musical bright spot for me during my high school years. Everything else back then was just 100% crap. That's why when this concert was made available, I just had to have it. I was never able to see the band live...until now.

The sound was incredible!!! There wasn't a single moment during the entire concert that I couldn't hear each distinctive note of every instrument!! I have never EVER heard sound of that quality before!!! Hats off to the sound production.

I really felt like I was there. When the film went to long range shots, yes it got a little grainy...but it added a realistic element for me...like I was in the back of the crowd, dancing about.

The only shame for me was the DVD "extras"...since it would have been so much better if they could have had more live footage, or time, or money to make the concert complete. However, the sound on those additional five songs was of the same incredible quality as the rest of the production!

I saw Roger live a couple of years ago in a very intimate setting, and he was truly amazing. However, the contrast of Rick's music was something that show lacked. This trip back in time to Paris (where I'd never been) has completed me.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2013 9:21 PM BST