Profile for Mrs. K. Holt > Reviews

Content by Mrs. K. Holt

Mrs. K. Holt "rubyredka" (devon, uk)

Children's Sun Hats (Love to Sew)
Children's Sun Hats (Love to Sew)
by Gillian Stratton

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Clear instructions., 22 Mar. 2015
Very clear instructions. Have made several of the hats in this book. Only downside is having to enlarge the patters.

Whole school progress the LAZY way: Follow me, I'm right behind you
Whole school progress the LAZY way: Follow me, I'm right behind you
by Jim Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 31 Dec. 2014
Building learning power meets Kagan structures rehash, but packaged with humour and a hint of 'ladishness', which makes it very readable. Some good solid practical tips, especially the poster to put up next to the photocopiers.

Absolutely A-Line
Absolutely A-Line
by Wendi Gratz

5.0 out of 5 stars Very versatile pattern and clear instructions, 31 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Absolutely A-Line (Paperback)
Great book. Easy to follow instructions and good ideas for letting your imagination run riot. My makes for my 5 year old daughter include a plain red dress she needed to be 'a villager' in her school play and a blue sequin covered dress inspired by strictly come dancing!
I like to cut the patterns a little longer than given in the book but my daughter is quite tall for her age.

Girl's World: Twenty-One Sewing Projects to Make for Little Girls
Girl's World: Twenty-One Sewing Projects to Make for Little Girls

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful dresses even a novice can make., 31 Dec. 2014
I have made several of the dresses in this book for my 5 year old daughter. She is very tall and thin so after some experimentation I found age 4 bodice with age 6 or 7 length fitted her perfectly. It is lovely to have some clothes that actually fit and we have had lots of compliments wearing these dresses out and about. I get a nice buzz when my daughter proudly announces 'my Mummy made it!' The dresses can look very different depending on the fabric used. We used the same pattern in cotton for a play dress and silk and tulle for a bridesmaid look party dress. Couldn't recommend this book enough. We'll be making a whole load more dresses for next summer.

George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt (George's Secret Key to the Universe)
George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt (George's Secret Key to the Universe)
by Lucy Hawking

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Excellent Adventure, 26 May 2010
Another brilliant story and lots of lovely science too. We can't wait for the next one!

George's Secret Key to the Universe
George's Secret Key to the Universe
by Lucy Hawking

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 26 May 2010
My Son is 6 and space mad. He will usually only read non-fiction books so George has been such a fantastic change for me at bedtime. We have now read this book 3 times and counting...