Profile for Ruth Kidson > Reviews

The Woman In The Fifth
The Woman In The Fifth
by Douglas Kennedy

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad, bad, bad, 23 July 2016
This review is from: The Woman In The Fifth (Paperback)
If you like books about thoroughly unpleasant people, with graphic descriptions of violence, sex and dirty lavatories, you will enjoy this. Especially if you're not averse to the occasional bad grammar and a totally bizarre plot. One of the worst novels I've read in a long time.

Medipaq® Spine Correct' Lumbar Support Cushion - Align Your Back and Sit in the Anatomically Correct Position (Breathable 3D Mesh Black)
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent support. I have it on my desk chair ..., 5 Jun. 2016
Excellent support. I have it on my desk chair and it greatly improves my posture in front of the computer.

W7 Cosmetics Nail Polish Number 12, Flourescent Green 15 ml
W7 Cosmetics Nail Polish Number 12, Flourescent Green 15 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite summer colour, 27 May 2016
I use this varnish throughout the summer and have done for several years. Love it!

Progressing Through Grief: Guided Exercises to Understand Your Emotions and Recover from Loss
by Stephanie Jose Lmhc

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 21 May 2016
As a counsellor I see a lot of people affected by grief. Many are looking to understand why they have reacted to it in the way they have. They want reassurance that their response is 'normal' and they want to know what they can do to support themselves during the grieving process.

In this book, Stephanie Jose displays compassion, understanding and good sound common sense. She writes clearly, taking readers through the various aspects of grief, showing them that different people react in different ways and helping them to find their own way, in their own time, witht the aid of gentle exercises and journalling.

My only criticism is that the resources listed at the end of the book are all American. Since it will undoubtedly have an international audience, it would be nice if she had included some similar resources for Canada, the UK and Australia, if nothing else. Perhaps when she produces a second edition . . .

Despite that criticism, this is definitely a book that I shall recommend to clients.

Acctim Excelsior Blue LED Mains Electric Bold Bedside Alarm Clock
Acctim Excelsior Blue LED Mains Electric Bold Bedside Alarm Clock
Offered by HARTS

2.0 out of 5 stars A miniature searchlight!, 29 Nov. 2015
Much, much too bright for a bedroom clock. I tried putting an orange gel over the display but it still lit up the whole room. In the end I bought a nice little clock-radio with a red display from Asda for £8 and moved this one to another room where it will be useful without being intrusive.

Premium 7 Port Ports USB Hub Expansion High Speed USB 2.0 Multi USB Hub Splitter Switch Lead Adapter Cable For PS3, Xbox, Wii, PC, MAC, Laptop, NoteBook, Mac Book, NetBook, Tablet, Tab, Supports Windows Vista/7/Mac - Part Of The Crazy4fones Accessories Range
Offered by crazy4fones

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 24 Oct. 2015
Only two of the sockets worked, which was OK because I only wanted to plug in two things. But then it stopped working after two weeks. Waste of money.

Uping® 2.4GHz ergonomic High Precision optical cordless laser mouse 18 Month Battery Life low power Indicator 4 Adjustment of CPI Levels: 2000/1600/1200/800 CPI 6 buttons Nano USB wireless receiver black

2.0 out of 5 stars I bought this because of the good reviews I read, 11 Oct. 2015
I bought this because of the good reviews I read. However . . . I have quite small hands and, while this is no longer than my last mouse, it is considerably wider and the top is much more rounded, all of which makes it uncomfortable to use. I like the fact that it turns itself off when not in use, to save power - but it seems to turn itself off very quickly and I'm forever having to press a button to turn it back on again. One of the reviews mentioned that it will do side to side scrolling but I've been unable to figure out how to do it. The instructions that come with the mouse are minimal. Add to all this the fact that the mouse came from China and I had to wait three weeks for it to arrive (hadn't realised this when I ordered it) and I'm left wishing I'd bought another Microsoft mouse.

Charles Jacobs 2016 Computer Desk in Beech Finish with Keyboard Shelf, 2 Drawers, Shelving Home Furniture / Office Workstation by Charles Jacobs #X36#
Offered by Mk-trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased - but needs an experienced DIY-er to put it together, 7 July 2015
Ordered late morning on Wednesday, arrived 9.30 on Thursday. Amazing! Husband was then charged with putting it together. He is very experienced with DIY but, even so, it took him the best part of 4 hours - and that's using an battery-powered screwdriver. All the pieces are numbered - helpful up to a point but two were labelled '11' (one of these was actually 15) and, on the diagram, panels 18 & 19 were transposed (could cause problems if you didn't realise it). In addition, the keyboard shelf was very fiddly to fix and the screw holes weren't exactly aligned, so new ones had to be made. The finished item is very good overall - sturdy and well-designed as far as function is concerned. My only quibble is that the keyboard shelf is slightly wobbly from side to side, but it's not a major problem. Overall, I'd recommend it but with the caution that, if you're not good with DIY, you'll need to get someone who knows what he/she is doing to come in and put it together for you.

A Question of Healing: The Reflections of a Doctor and a Priest
A Question of Healing: The Reflections of a Doctor and a Priest
by Gareth Tuckwell

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 23 May 2014
Susan Howatch's "A question of integrity" has quotations from this book as chapter headings. I found some of them interesting and ordered the book. As a psychotherapist to whom spirituality is very important, I thought it might offer some helpful insights. But I was disappointed. I soon realised that the book was written from a very narrow Christian viewpoint with no understanding of, or patience with, other points of view or beliefs. While it might be helpful to people who hold identical views to the authors, I can't see it being of any help to anyone else.

What the Plus! Google+ for the Rest of Us
What the Plus! Google+ for the Rest of Us

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinarily helpful, 4 April 2013
This is an extraordinarily helpful book. I have learned in one day what it could have taken me weeks or months to learn by investigating Google+ by myself. It also has links to some very useful websites. One or two of the links are no longer functioning but enough are valid to make that a minor issue. Very, very good value for money.

Page: 1 | 2