Profile for Mr. David R. Press > Reviews

Content by Mr. David R. Press

Mr. David R. Press "Amdrammer" (Gosport, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Skechers Status Melec, Men's Mocassins, Blue (Navy Nvy), 12 UK (47 1/2 EU)
Skechers Status Melec, Men's Mocassins, Blue (Navy Nvy), 12 UK (47 1/2 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy!, 19 Jun. 2016
Really comfy. Spent hours in them, straight out the box with no back ache, which is unusual for me. The lace is a puzzle though. It runs right round the back like a proper moccasin but is sown into place under the flaps and so can't be tightened. I rethreaded the lace after it emerges to cross to the opposing bottom hole before criss crossing back up to avoid the flaps bunching when you tighten the laces.

Facebook
Facebook

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't install, 7 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Facebook (App)
There was an error while installing Facebook. Please try again.

Everytime! Same with Messenger. Sort it out Amazon.

Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers
Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems good platform but significant app quibbles, 21 Oct. 2015
Only used a few days. A bit different to the vanilla android I've been used to. The "send to kindle" docs don't appear in the kindle library, only in the 'docs' app. When selected, they DO open in the kindle app though. A minor irritation. Not much installed yet, and I miss Google photos as that's where my library lies.

Edited 23 Oct 2015: More niggles apparent now: No swype style keyboard option without a paid app (the £10 App credit I was given does not seem to work - still prompted to set up 1-click and Card details). Also, I had not realised the Amazon aversion to Google apps extended to Hangouts as well as gmail and Photos. Now my family are forced to install Skype on their Samsung and Apple devices if they want to video-message me whilst away. I thought Apple were very proprietorial but even they allow Hangouts on their products (alongside FaceTime). Quite disappointed now.

Lorus Gents Quartz Sports watch with white dial Green Military Style Canvas Strap RXD425L8
Offered by GB Watch Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant watch for the money, 6 Nov. 2014
Very clear, very light and still on the first strap after two years. Keeps excellent time and has so far been unaffected by moisture - although I don't wear it swimming or bathing. The fabric strap did start to smell but I was able to release the pins and put the strap through a wash in my jeans pocket - sorted.

Definitely recommended.

Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary Book 1)
Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Untaxing page-turner, 6 Nov. 2014
Reads like a first novel and makes quite sudden leaps. Roars along at quite a pace though and I was thinking of recommending it to my young teenage daughter...until I got to the very unexpected and sudden sex scenes...

Mini 300 Lumen Cree Q5 Zoomable And Focus Adjustable Led Flashlight Torch Wit
Mini 300 Lumen Cree Q5 Zoomable And Focus Adjustable Led Flashlight Torch Wit
Offered by Magic&Gorgeous

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright enough!, 6 Nov. 2014
Infinitely better than the Police 3W torch I bought at the same time. I bought this primarily for my night-time delivery job. With the focus pulled to maximum I can easily read the house numbers from my car - albeit this focusses quite a small image of the actual LED on the house's wall!

A bargain for under two quid.

Police 3W Led High Power Waterproof Keyring Torch Black (NF-037-45)
Police 3W Led High Power Waterproof Keyring Torch Black (NF-037-45)
Offered by Todwish

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 24 Oct. 2014
The finish around the lens is a little rough but hey, it does the job.

Not as bright as another 3W CREE torch I bought from 7dayshop, but then it runs off one AA not three AAA batteries.

For under £2 including postage I'm more than happy.

(Green) Sony Xperia M2 Custome made Quality Aluminium In Ear Earbud Stereo Hands Free Headphones Earphone Headset with Built in Microphone Mic & On-Off Button
Offered by Aventus

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Customer Service - let down by product, 20 Oct. 2014
Whilst I can't fault the customer service of Aventus - they replaced the first (broken) set without question - these 'phones sounded so poor that I would have returned them had they cost only 99p. Oh, and before anyone says' what do you expect for the price?', my evaluation is based on comparision with similar or cheaper 'phones - including those that came free with my uber-cheap ZTE smartphone. They genuinely sounded like someone playing Dial-a-disk down a drainpipe.

In the event, Aventus reimbursed me immediately I enquired about returning them. So, five stars for service but zero for the product.

On The Viking Station
On The Viking Station

4.0 out of 5 stars ... or Out from Under the King but still miles better than most of the garbage that assaults my ears ..., 5 Oct. 2014
Not as immediate as Pastor Skull or Out from Under the King but still miles better than most of the garbage that assaults my ears no the radio.

TABTRONICS MINI PAD 7.85" QUAD CORE IPS TOUCH SCREEN 1GB RAM / 8GB STORAGE ANDROID 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Tablet PC - DUAL CAMERAS HDMI

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, good quality, 20 Nov. 2013
Haven't had as much time to play with it as i'd hoped, but the experience to date has been good. The screen is excellent, performance good too. My only reservations are that the wifi range isn't brilliant and firefox crashes everytime I click an embedded video on Metro or BBC. The latter is probably a config or plugin issue. Also, the metal back isn't finished too smoothly round the ports, but that's just picky.
HDMI not tested yet.

Lookswise it shamelessly apes the ipad mini, but the upside of that is it fits the mini's cases...even the poundstore ones ;-)...although you'll need to punch holes for the rear camera. The speakers are ok too, but being rear mounted are muted by the case. TBH it feels like such a slick item I only use the case in transit.

A bargain at the £90 I paid.

Page: 1 | 2