Profile for Ashley > Reviews

Content by Ashley

Ashley "Love books, not so good on the reading so audible is great. I mainly like Sci-fi/ Comedy" (St Albans, United Kingdom)

50 Dangerous Things (You Should Let Your Children Do)
50 Dangerous Things (You Should Let Your Children Do)
by Gever Tulley

5.0 out of 5 stars A great present for cautious parents, 16 Oct. 2012
I absolutely love this book and what the author is trying to achieve, his tinker school fills me with hope for our protected/sheltered young. I recently bought this for my twin brothers on their first birthday. I know they won't do most of it for many many years but i really got it for my step-mum. To open her up to allowing her kids to have a bit more connection with the world and enjoyment with it especially in the current modern parenting 'worried' society.

We found a lot of simple things she hadn't done, even some I hadn't. We now as a family are picking things we want to do with my young siblings and I can really see what this book is about is good quality family time.

I truly can't wait to fill the journal part of the book and document my siblings growing up and picking up these important life skills.

and if you haven't go and lick a 9 volt battery!

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff: Simple Ways to Keep the Little Things from Taking Over Your Life
by Richard Carlson

5.0 out of 5 stars read it everyday, 16 Oct. 2012
I was having a lot of problems in my life especially arguing with my girlfriend a lot. So I thought this book might be good and it definitely couldn't hurt.

Like a lot of the other reviews say it's not like a mega serious self help book with rules and a life plan. It's more some simple easy to digest thoughts on what and why life can be so difficult with possible solutions that may work for you.

As for me, I really found it useful to re-evaluate my life and how I manage my stress. I can't say it has changed the issue's I face with the personality I have. But it has certainly given me a new perspective I can choose to look at things through and ways of dealing with tough situations.

I now take it with me most places, just to flick through if I find myself letting my old ways take over.

Good luck,

Avery L6043-100 Classic CD Labels (A4 Sheets of Round 117 mm, 2 Labels Per Sheet, 100 Sheets) - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Really easy to use, 12 Mar. 2012
These labels are much better than any other i have used, the handy tabs makes the process so much less fiddly and quick.

Komputerbay 32GB Class 10 SDHC Ultra High Speed Memory Card - Read 20MB/s Write 15MB/s with USB Reader
Offered by KOMPBAY

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be working well, 8 Jan. 2012
After reading some negative reviews about this memory card I was hesitant but thought the price was worth a gamble.
I've used it in my canon 600d, and as storage with no issues at all, I haven't tested speeds so it may fall short of specs like it seems most do when I've read reviews of other cards but
as far as im concerned it's a really good purchase only time will tell if one that will last, the issue of plastic casing coming apart doesn't worry my it seems as secure as any of my other cards.