Profile for L. Duncan > Reviews

Content by L. Duncan

L. Duncan "Leah" (Devon, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
100 Professional Ketone MISSION ketone test strip Urinalysis Urine strip tests
100 Professional Ketone MISSION ketone test strip Urinalysis Urine strip tests
Offered by ADTUK Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 3 April 2012
Great, they do exactly what they're supposed to, and Ive tested them against the strips I have at work to make sure they are accurate (and yes they are). Please note however they are not the product in the picture. This is not a full urinalysis testing strip, it will test for ketones only.

Arrived very quickly

Endulge Chocolate Coconut Bar 15x35g
Endulge Chocolate Coconut Bar 15x35g

2.0 out of 5 stars Very yummy BUT carbs far higher than label says, 3 April 2012
Firstly I must say these are so yummy. I tucked into this with glee and felt ecstatic I had found something with 2g of carbs per bar HOWEVER-if you read the back label the carb content per bar says about 14 g. I was really confused by this and didnt understand how Atkins could say on the front of the pack that they have 2g of net carbs- I subracted the fibre content to see if this is what it was but no.

I found this link online [...]

Basically Atkins are saying the 'harmful' carbs are 2g but the total carbs are 12g. Its very confusing how they try and explain themselves and basically it appears to be just a marketing ploy :( Im very sad cos as I say these are yummy but don't be fooled by them being 'low carb' they aren't.

Packaging and delivery excellent.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2012 10:36 PM BST

Atkins Endulge Milk Chocolate 30 g Low Carb Crisp Bars - 15-Pack
Atkins Endulge Milk Chocolate 30 g Low Carb Crisp Bars - 15-Pack

2.0 out of 5 stars Yes very yummy BUT carbs far higher than label says, 3 April 2012
Firstly I must say these are so yummy. I tucked into this with glee and felt ecstatic I had found something with 2g of carbs per bar HOWEVER-if you read the back label the carb content per bar says 12.2g. I was really confused by this and didnt understand how Atkins could say on the front of the pack that they have 2g of net carbs- I subracted the fibre content to see if this is what it was but no.

I found this link online [...]

Packaging and delivery excellent.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2013 4:52 PM GMT

Xen-Tan Dark Lotion For An Instant Color - A Premium Sunless Tan For Face & Body with Jojoba & Nut Oils - 236ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Fake Bake is still my favourite, 20 Aug. 2011
Although I love Fake Bake original, every now and then i am tempted by another product. Xen Tan was one of these. I was swayed by promises of an even, natural, dark tan- I found this not to be the case for me. At first I applied with my hands wearing gloves. I could not get an even application so thought I would leave it and see what happened. The next day it was so streaky I couldnt wear a dress! Fake Bake is very moisturising so you can apply this very easily with your hands. I bought a fake tan mitt from boots (the soltan one) and this resulted in a much nicer application. However the colour wasn't quite as dark as what I get with Fake Bake. I know the rules about exfoliating the day before, not shaving 24 hours before and only applying a tiny bit of moisturiser to knees, elbows and ankles but it still wasn't as good as fake bake for me.

Other factors-
The smell is ok- reminds me of plasticine
The pump dispenser works well
It lasts well on my skin (about 5 days) and fades as well as Fake bake does (I do need to scrub it off eventually though)
The bottle lasts a long time- good value for money

I should add that my skin is pretty dry. Maybe xen tan is more suited to those with skin that isn't so dry as fake fake has a much oilier consistency.

In summary I would say this is a good product which does the job but I would not buy again.

Also should say great delivery and service from the seller.

Dexter - Season 4 [DVD]
Dexter - Season 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael C. Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 7 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Dexter - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
I was worried Dexter would start running out of new material- how much scope is there to surprise and entertain for 4 series? Well this series is actually my favourite to date. I have loved Dexter from the beginning and it seems to be getting better. Im not going to talk about the plot at all (that would just be mean) but the season finale is so shocking that I cannot wait for series 5.

Fake Bake Extreme Gel 170ml
Fake Bake Extreme Gel 170ml
Offered by Non Stop Bazaar Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars I prefer the original, 14 May 2010
I bought this as I am a die hard Fake Bake fan and wanted to see if I could get a deeper colour. I found this very difficult to apply evenly as it has the consistency of marmite. I did not notice a deeper colour and I also have not managed to get an even tan all over my body- I keep getting a few streaks. The pump is really annoying- it makes getting the product out of the bottle slow and hard work as it is doesn't fill up with product very fast so you have to wait before pressing again. I will be sticking with the original in future.

The smell is gorgeous and chocolatey though and with a lot more effort, most of my body is a good colour- hence 2 stars instead of 1!

Big Happie Hair Bumpits Hair Volumizing Inserts (PACK of 5) -
Big Happie Hair Bumpits Hair Volumizing Inserts (PACK of 5) -

3.0 out of 5 stars I am struggling!, 6 April 2010
The product arrived super fast- excellent service and delivery. Packaging excellent as well and instructions good.

The product itself is as I expected and colour matches my hair.

However my hair is quite fine and I can't seem to get the knack of using these in my hair without being able to see them. I have read other reviews where people have managed to use these well but I am still trying! I shall update this if I manage it.

In conclusion, these are so cheap (much cheaper than ones I've seen in shops) that I would say give it a go.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2010 10:02 PM BST

Ski Ear Muffs - Furry  - Adjustable Child to Adult Size PINK
Ski Ear Muffs - Furry - Adjustable Child to Adult Size PINK

4.0 out of 5 stars Very snug!, 6 April 2010
I have VERY warm ears wearing these!

Some people have commented that the plastic band connecting them is curled up on delivery making it difficult to get them on your head. I always remember this happening when I was little and last wore ear muffs and you do have to concentrate when putting them on, but they sit well on your head and don't come off.

I have given them 4 stars rather than 5 as I would have liked them to have been fluffier looking. They are fleece lined on the inside and therefore very warm but they don't look as cute as I was hoping! However practically speaking they are excellent!

Herstyler Baby Curls Grande Tattoo Pink 25mm Curling Iron
Herstyler Baby Curls Grande Tattoo Pink 25mm Curling Iron

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 6 April 2010
The look of the product itself is good, however in retrospect I would have got of the plain colour stylers as these are a much for me now I own them!

The glove it comes with is brilliant and I strongly recommend you wear it to protect your hands! I have another Herstyler curler so I wear both gloves!

It curls the hair so fast- like nothing I have ever used before- very impressive. Also hair doesn't feel damaged or crispy.

The thing that annoys me is that it doesn't come with a heat mat or stand so I have burnt the carpet. I needed to borrow my friend's mat as it was a real issue. Don't let this put you off buying- it's just something to consider.

Now I just need to practice perfecting the technique as it does take a bit of getting used to (but no different than when I first started curling with my GHDs.

Campbell's Physiology Notes
Campbell's Physiology Notes
by John Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars If you buy one book, make it this one, 28 Jan. 2010
By far the best physiology book I've ever encountered doing my nursing degree. Concise and easy to use. Better than Tortora and Ross and Wilson and all the other big names for giving a basic overview. You will need another more indepth text to take you to the next level(Porth is great) but I can't recommend it highly enough for starting off a nursing course, even if you did sciences A levels.

Page: 1 | 2