Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Welsh John > Reviews

Content by Welsh John

Welsh John "Big Welshman" (Cymru)

Page: 1 | 2
M8 Quad Core Android (Kit Kat 4.4) TV Box Streaming Media Player with RII Black keyboard by SuperStore_Electronics(TM)
Offered by SuperStore_Electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely done!, 28 Oct. 2015
Ordered 2pm on a Friday paid a couple of quid extra for next day delivery and was setting it up before 9am Saturday!!
It does exactly what it's supposed to and I'm very happy with it, the additional keyboard I purchased is a bit flimsy and I anticipate having to replace it within a few months but it's not that too a great disappointment.
Overall I'm impressed!

Plant !T 100L Perlite Bag
Plant !T 100L Perlite Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, 27 May 2014
Bought this as insulation material for a Tandoor oven, it was ordered as it was the cheapest, it arrived within the stated delivery time so I'm happy. Cheers

Non-contact IR Infrared Digital Thermometer - Measurement Range: Between -50 °C and 700 °C -GM700

5.0 out of 5 stars New toy!!!!!, 27 May 2014
Purchased to use when I fire up my Tandoor oven, lovely bit of kit and didn't cost an arm and a leg, OK the delivery time was approx 3 weeks but it had to come from China. Highly recommend this!!!

DE KUYPER Creme de Bananes (Banana) Liqueur 50cl Bottle
DE KUYPER Creme de Bananes (Banana) Liqueur 50cl Bottle
Offered by UK ONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Bananary Boozy Heaven!!!, 2 May 2013
Bought this as my wife is an amateur mixologist and it's needed for some of her more exotic alcoholic creations, does the job and hits the spot!

White LED Solar Powered Garden Spot Light by Lights4fun
White LED Solar Powered Garden Spot Light by Lights4fun
Offered by Lights4fun

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 2 May 2013
I appreciate that solar powered light are never going to perform like mains supplied lights but I can't help thinking that most of the positive reviews for this product are exaggerating somewhat. At best the illumination is but a glow but then if you want a powerful light you'll have to opt for a mains set up.
Ok for ambient light but to highlight a feature it won't be up to the job.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 25, 2014 12:56 PM BST

Sankey 38 cm Growarm 100 Propagator Kit
Sankey 38 cm Growarm 100 Propagator Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 2 May 2013
I bought this to germinate Ghost Chilli seeds, took 6 days (as expected) couldn't have done it without using this propagator.
It's a decent size the enclosed trays are useful and the lid affords a good room for growth.
Very happy with it overall!

Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360)
Offered by games-n-console-land

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear!, 14 Jan. 2011
Wasted opportunity to enrich the Call of Duty franchise.
Campaign mode - Average shoot-em-up with the most infuriating flashback sequences that stopped the naural flow of the game.
Online multiplay - This is the only aspect of the game that saves it from a 1 star rating, 360 Live is always a joy.

A pedantic point - the weaponry is historically incorrect, we have some weapons that weren't produced until the 1990's used in Vietnam. Perhaps it's part of an as yet unlocked time travel chapter??!!!!!

I'm off to buy Medal of Honor.....................

Logitech Squeezebox Boom
Logitech Squeezebox Boom

5.0 out of 5 stars The CD is dead, long live the Squeezebox Boom!!!!!!!, 22 Dec. 2009
I've been debating for some time wether to purchase ths Squeezebox Boom and I'm glad I did!
It takes a few minutes to download the required software and you're good to go, simple!
Once you've drawn up playlists for every occasion your CD's will be a distant memory, I've consigned mine to the loft!
The sound is impressive especially when you consider it's size and it looks good too.
It ticks all the boxes as far as I'm concerned, simple to use, value for money, impressive sound quality, it's an all round good performer. The only thing that irks me is that I didn't buy one sooner!!!!

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by memorycapital

5.0 out of 5 stars You'd be a mug not to buy this!!!!, 4 Nov. 2009
I recently bought a 1080p HD TV so needed the requisite HDMI cable to enjoy a crystal clear picture (especially for the Xbox 360), imagine my joy when I disovered these cables at less than a quid!!!!! The picture is perfect, I've compared them with a friends M*nster brand cable and THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN PICTURE QUALITY!!!
Don't be fooled into buying vastly expensive alternatives, I can testify that these do job at a fraction of the price!
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2014 3:12 PM GMT

Xbox 360 Headset (Xbox 360)
Xbox 360 Headset (Xbox 360)
Offered by konsolenkost

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, 25 Mar. 2009
If you're on Xbox live you have to get one of these, if you don't you've wasted money on paying for your Live subscription!!!The whole point of this device is to enable communication between you and other players, you can either organise tactics with team mates or taunt your opposition.
What you actually buy is a cheap product so don't expect it to be either indestructable or all singing all dancing.
My own experience is similar to many others who have left reviews, my first headset stopped working approx 10 months after purchasing it, I wasn't too upset as it's cheap. I did however phone Microsofts customer service, after a 15 minute phone call they agreed to send me a free replacement, which is still working 5 months on.
So if yours gives up on you, don't get your knickers in a twist it's not as if you've spent wads of cash on it, phone Microsoft and try telling them you want a new one!

Page: 1 | 2