Profile for C. WEEKS > Reviews

The Sleep Room
The Sleep Room
by F. R. Tallis

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sleep Room, 16 July 2013
This review is from: The Sleep Room (Paperback)
A real page-turner. Thoughtfully crafted, well written characters, descriptive use of language; eveything you could want in an absorbing, 'psychological ghost story'.
Without giving anything away, the 'twist' is cleverly contrived. Once finished it's hard not to keep thinking back about the clues given & subtlties of plot that
tease your subconscious throughout.

Highly recommended.

BPM Black Luxury Leather Flip Case & Screen Protector for iPod Touch 4G 4th Generation 8GB 32GB 64GB
Offered by BPM UK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case for the iPod Touch, 31 Dec 2010
If you're like me and you want to keep your greasy mits off your sleek little iPod Touch as much as possible then this case is a very good solution. It's been well designed to hold the iPod Touch snugly and allow access to all the necessary outputs/inputs, with a simple little 'cut-out' in the back for the camera and some little magnets in the base of the flip top and base of the case to snap the case tightly shut.
It's a quality, compact, attractive and very well priced product. (Genuine Leather, I'm not so sure about that, but still, it's a good case and I would recommend it).

BoxWave EverTouch Capacitive Stylus - (Newest Technology) Touchscreen iPad 3 Stylus with Ultra Durable FiberMesh Fabric Tip for Apple iPad 3, iPad 2, iPhone 4S / 4, Amazon Kindle Fire, All Touch Screen Tablets (Jet Black)
Offered by BoxWave Corporation

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Stylus for iPhone & iPod Touch, 31 Dec 2010
After a bit of research and a recommendation that this was 'the best stylus for capacitive touch-screens' I took the plunge and I bought one of these for my sister for use with her iPhone, she wasn't disappointed. It's a good size, sleek, simple design and it works a treat. I bought another one immediately for my iPod Touch and it also works brilliantly with that, no more mucky screens and cleaning of fingerprints for me. I also find it far more accurate to use than my fingers for the fiddly tasks such as typing when online/email, it also works really well with apps that require a deft touch.
Great product, I highly recommend it if you're looking for a stylus for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, don't go for the cheapo-brands, spend a little more and get something that is ideally suited to the task.

Odd John / Sirius
Odd John / Sirius
by Olaf Stapledon

5.0 out of 5 stars Odd John, 1 Aug 2010
This review is from: Odd John / Sirius (Paperback)
I'm not going to spend lots of time writing an in-depth review of this book as I've only read Odd John from it so far, but after 'stumbling' across this book by pure chance I have to say that it surprised me on every level! It's not just a book for Sci-Fi fans, the writing is superb, the thoughts, philosophies and narrative style work brilliantly and in some instances are way ahead of their time, I couldn't put it down. I am currenty reading Star Maker by the same Author and I'm actively seeking-out more of his works.

Things The Grandchildren Should Know
Things The Grandchildren Should Know
by Mark Oliver Everett

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must..., 18 May 2010
This book is a must buy for any fans of Eels and 'E'. Not only is it intelligent and heart-felt, it's also funny and tragic. I very rarely read books by/about musicians as I prefer to leave a little mystique; essentially I don't really care about the person making the music, as long as it's good music, but Mark Oliver Everett's story is too fascinating to be ignored. Difficult subjects are broached with integrity and honesty, the same traits you find in his songwriting and it's nice to learn some back-story about how Eels came to fruition.
Overall this is a book I will definitely be reading more than once and I highly recommend it to anyone, fan of the Eels & E's music or not.

5 Star Stapler Long Arm Full Strip 320mm Reach Capacity 25 Sheets Black - Ref 918656
Offered by Office Specialties Online Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, 25 Feb 2010
Ok, so it's a long armed stapler, not exactly exciting, but it's of a high quality, excellent weight to it, does the job perfectly well and is way cheaper than you will find a similar product in the highstreet, even with the addition of postage, which is actually a fair amount considering the weight of the item.
Recommended.

IBRA® 1m High Speed PRO GOLD RED v2.0/1.4a HDMI Cable 3D 2160p PS4 SKY HD 4K Ultra HD(Version 2.0, 18Gbps, ARC)
Offered by HD ZONE

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Excellent..., 9 Feb 2010
HDMI lead arrived promptly and is of a very high quality. Don't pay 4 or 5 times the amount for the same product in your local retailers. This is a professional, well-made, robust cable with a quality finish. I use it to hook up my laptop to my LCD tele to use as a second monitor in my studio, it works perfectly.
Very happy with my purchase and free postage too! Can't get better than that!

Highly recommended, would definitely use seller again.

WESC casque Bongo non seasonal choco brown
WESC casque Bongo non seasonal choco brown

1.0 out of 5 stars Look Great, Sound Awful!, 8 Sep 2009
I tried these for about 5 minutes, put them striaght back in the packaging and sent them away. If you want crisp, clear, high quality sound these are not the headphones for you. They may look good, but that is where the good points end. I'm a Producer/Composer & have been making music for over 10 years. In that time I have used many, many different sets of headphones. I honestly think these are one of the worst sets I've ever heard, especially for this price, the sound reproduction is laughably poor and the build quality not much better. (also mine came covered in scratches and marks, obviously been used before, probably a shop demo, so it was minus points straight outta the box). They produce a dull and lifeless listening experience, no bass end, poor trebles, muddy middles. These are headphones for people who care about looks, NOT MUSIC. I for one, will never ever buy a WESC product again. If you are looking for a high quality headphone for roughly the same price and you don't care about looks then I would suggest the Sony MDR-V6, a far superior product.

Sony MDR-7506 Headphones,Wired
Sony MDR-7506 Headphones,Wired
Offered by Appods

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones, 28 April 2009
I shopped around for quite a while before choosing these phones and I must say I made the right choice. First off, the price. Very reasonable and just as good if not better than many other headphones twice their price! They are incredibly responsive and cover a good frequency range. Being a Music Producer/Composer and all-round audiophile these suit my requirements perfectly. They close in the sound very well and make for very good listening, you'll start hearing things in music you never realised was there before! My one and only gripe is that they can get a little uncomfortable when wearing for long periods of time as I am required to do, but that diminishes once you've broken them in for about a week.
Highly recommended

Toshiba 500GB USB 3.5" External Desktop Hard Drive
Toshiba 500GB USB 3.5" External Desktop Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact & Cool, 7 April 2009
This is a great and very reasonably priced external hard-drive.
It's exceptionally quiet and the aluminium casing and nice compact size make it look quite cool for what it is!
I agree with previous reviews regarding the Power On light though, it is incredibly bright, more like a lazer pen than an LED, thankfully it's behind my laptop and i cant see it directly, it just makes my laptop look like it's been pimped with blue neons:P

Page: 1 | 2