Profile for Marty Roche > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Irish Devils: The Official Story of Manchester United and the Irish
Irish Devils: The Official Story of Manchester United and the Irish

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Chalkie Cracker, 9 Nov 2011
Not surprisingly this is another fantastic book by John White. John has produced some fantastic books but this will definitely be up there with the best of them. As an Irish red I found this book fascinating and very difficult to put down. I love reading about the Irish connection at Utd and this has everything you will ever need or want to know. There have been many books about Utds Irish players etc, but none are as detailed or as interesting as this. I don't know how John managed to get all this info together but it's fantastic. I'd recommend it to all sports fans young and old, when you finish reading this you will know everything about Utd's Irish connection!

The Golf Miscellany
The Golf Miscellany

5.0 out of 5 stars Ace, Fried Egg, Kitty Litter & The Yipps, 6 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Golf Miscellany (Hardcover)
All of the above are golfing terms I had never heard of before but found in John's super golf miscellany. Where do you start with reviewing this book? For me the wonderful foreword from Darren Clarke is what drew me in but then again I'm Irish! And perhaps Johns last entry in the book - 'Beware the wounded Tiger' might make us all remember the contribution Tiger Woods has made to the game of golf and the millions of golf fans around the world who became hooked on the sport just by watching Tiger destroy field after field on his way to winning 14 majors. But there is a new 'big cat' on the scene and that is our very own Rory McIlroy and I must admit that I really did enjoy reading about Rorys superb US open victory in 2011 as he tore the record books for this major apart! This book is ten out of ten in my opinion and would recommend it to all sports fans!

Manchester United Supporter's Book
Manchester United Supporter's Book

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all Utd fans, 23 Sep 2011
I bought the book at the launch, which John kindly signed! I thought I knew everything about Manchester Utd but after starting to read this book it's clear that I don't. It's a great read for Utd fans of all ages, and I'd highly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3