Profile for Mrs C > Reviews

Content by Mrs C

Mrs C

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
SplashAbout Neoprene Happy Nappy (Swim Nappy), Pale Pink with Dots (Medium (3-8 months) (6-11 KG))

5.0 out of 5 stars Splash happy!, 23 April 2013
A great quality swim nappy that is a must-have for anyone taking a baby swimming. The colourful design makes it stand out from the usual plain ones. Used it on my baby from 3 months and there is plenty of room, even with a.disposable swim nappy underneath (it says you can use this by itself, but I wanted the extra protection and hygiene). My baby is larger than average though, so may swamp smaller babies initially. Good value, will be buying the next size up when the time comes round.

Set of 5 Girls Summer Funky Giraffe Bandana Bibs
Set of 5 Girls Summer Funky Giraffe Bandana Bibs

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous dribble-busting bibs!, 26 Mar 2013
Delighted with this purchase - five high quality bibs with great designs that double as both functional (absorbing dribble well) and fashionable! There are cotton with a soft fleecy back, and do up with poppers - there are two sets to allow them to fit different sizes. They wash well and baby is happy wearing them - a fab product.

Baby's Very First Touchy-feely Animals Play Book
Baby's Very First Touchy-feely Animals Play Book
by Fiona Watt
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous book!, 26 Mar 2013
A wonderfully illustrated book with a range of different textures to explore. Different animal habitats and sounds are represented, providing a great stimulus for talking about and exploring with baby. Bold and colourful - a real delight to share.

Braun Silk-A epil 5 5780 Epilator with five Attachments and Cooling Glove
Braun Silk-A epil 5 5780 Epilator with five Attachments and Cooling Glove
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient hair removal, 21 Mar 2013
I purchased this to replace a previous Braun model which had started to lose its effectiveness. Within a few seconds of using this I noticed a huge improvement - it's fast (even on the lower speed setting) and appears to pull hairs effectively from the root (rather than breaking them). It is noisy, but all epilators are. The light is useful. There is a range of different caps for different body parts/levels of experience, but I've only used the efficiency cap as an experienced user. The shaver/trimmer is a useful attachment, making this a great all-round piece of kit for the price of a couple of waxing sessions. Would say that you need a fairly good pain threshold though!

Little Miss Pocket Library
Little Miss Pocket Library
by Roger Hargreaves
Price: 3.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely pocket-sized!, 21 Mar 2013
A collection of six small, short Little Miss books - needless to say that their size means they are not the original full-length stories but more of an introduction to the characters. I look forward to sharing these with my baby when she's a bit older - should be just the right length for when we start having a story before bed. Good for small hands and attention spans, although the board doesn't feel as durable as other board books that I've purchased.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar: Little Learning Library
The Very Hungry Caterpillar: Little Learning Library
by Eric Carle
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but perfectly formed, 21 Mar 2013
A lovely set of four books perfect for small hands and attention spans. Strong, durable board books and all illustrated in the classic 'hungry caterpillar' style, with links made to the story when appropriate.

Pampers Active Fit Size 3 (Midi) Jumbo Pack 84 Nappies
Pampers Active Fit Size 3 (Midi) Jumbo Pack 84 Nappies

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price, 21 Mar 2013
These are well-priced for a bulk pack - especially as we get through them so quickly! However, whilst they do the job well, I don't think they're as absorbent as the new baby nappies, and I find that they can leak around the legs and back if it's an explosive nappy (found that if New baby leaked, it was only up the back). Also think the nappies have a strong smell when taken from the pack whereas ones bought from supermarket didn't.

Lamaze Classic Discovery Book
Lamaze Classic Discovery Book
Price: 6.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Colourful and textured!, 21 Mar 2013
Another good quality product by Lamaze - a soft book with simple, colourful images and different sounds and textures on each page. When baby is old enough, it will be easy for her to hold and explore. However, as lovely as it is, I feel it could benefit from a bit more variety, such as more textures on a single page, or the sounds positioned in different places (such as a corner rather than the middle). All in all though, a good buy and recommended.

The Half-Life Of Hannah
The Half-Life Of Hannah
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An easy, enjoyable read, 21 Mar 2013
This story is told through a combination of narrative chapters in the 3rd person and brief sections written in the 1st person as Hannah which reveal more about her relationships/history. The story is set in France on a family holiday, and the Half-Life refers to Hannah's feelings of having settled for a safe, but unfulfilling marriage - with her questioning this as the book progresses and her backstory is gradually revealed. This book was well-paced and easy to read, although the plot was perhaps a little obvious. I also didn't care much for the character of Jill, Hannah's sister, who was very self-centred and irresponsible, which jarred with the realistic characterisation of the others.

Moby Wrap Solid, Navy
Moby Wrap Solid, Navy
Offered by Babies & Kids
Price: 42.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my sanity!, 21 Mar 2013
I was desperate for a baby carrier that I could wear around the house as my baby hated being put down, yet I needed to get things done! I did some research and there are quite a few wrap slings on the market, but this one repeatedly cropped up as a recommended product so I took the plunge and ordered it! I was a little wary of not being able to try it first, but just had to give it a go for the chance of getting use of my arms back - and I'm so glad I did. It is essentially just a length of strong material that you wrap and tie around your torso to create a 'seat' for baby, but it has literally changed my life! Yes, it's a little tricky to get the hang of tying it first, but it comes with clear instructions and there are also good help videos on the Moby website. Baby feels safe and secure, and it's very comfortable to wear - although I intended its use for round the home, I use it for carrying her on walks too as it is often more convenient than taking the pram out - but I do like to put it on in the house first as it does drag on the floor when you start the tying process. This was definitely one of the best buys I made for my baby and me - an essential bit of kit!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4