Profile for Mrs. V. M. Leonard > Reviews

Mrs. V. M. Leonard

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
TP-Link TL-PA411 AV500 Powerline Adapter - Single Pack
TP-Link TL-PA411 AV500 Powerline Adapter - Single Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to hard-wired internet connection, 14 Aug 2014
These work really well! We were considering putting in cables so I had a consistent internet connection downstairs, but thought we'd try these. They work great; I'd go as far as saying that they are as good as running dedicated wires to here.

Baylis and Harding Mosaic Wild Rose and Raspberry Leaf Shower Crème 500ml
Baylis and Harding Mosaic Wild Rose and Raspberry Leaf Shower Crème 500ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells like Turkish delight, 14 Aug 2014
My favourite - keep buying new bottles of this. I agree with the reviewer who said that the consistency is somewhat thin, but considering I have hard water which does not lather easily, it is easy enough to work up a lather, and it more than makes up for it with the great smell.

1 Inch H1 Beech Picture Photo Frame 18"X12" (Plastic Glass)
1 Inch H1 Beech Picture Photo Frame 18"X12" (Plastic Glass)
Offered by Frames and Mirrors 4 U

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as glass, 14 Aug 2014
Bought this because had previously bought glass frames through the post, and they arrived damaged - and the replacements were also damaged, and so were THEIR replacements. I was at my wits end, and so tried plastic - but am delighted. Can't tell the difference, except that these are in one piece!

Spot On Canvas Baseball Boot (Purple, Size 6 UK)
Spot On Canvas Baseball Boot (Purple, Size 6 UK)
Offered by Blunts Shoes

4.0 out of 5 stars Wearing these all the time!, 14 Aug 2014
Why spend more? Great colour, comfortable, wide enough for me to put the insoles I like inside them. The envy of many of my friends!

WOMENS LADIES LO LOW TOP LACE UP SPORTY FLAT BASEBALL TRAINERS PUMPS SIZE 7 40
WOMENS LADIES LO LOW TOP LACE UP SPORTY FLAT BASEBALL TRAINERS PUMPS SIZE 7 40
Offered by Ajvani Shoes

2.0 out of 5 stars Had to send them back, 14 Aug 2014
You get what you pay for. These were damaged - the eyelet in the top hole had come adrift.

2 x Orange Glow 13amp Plug-In Night Lights, Glowplug
2 x Orange Glow 13amp Plug-In Night Lights, Glowplug
Offered by EURO-P

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, 19 July 2014
To all those who say this is too dark, I say it does exactly what it says - it glows. This provides enough light to get across a dark room and stop me tripping on the furniture, whilst being dim enough to allow me to sleep peacefully. Very useful.

Broken Homes (PC Peter Grant Book 4)
Broken Homes (PC Peter Grant Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these books!, 19 July 2014
I read the first three books a while ago, and was a little rusty on the plot which continues on throughout, but there were enough reminders in here to enable to me to get up to speed; however, it is vital to read all the books rather than dive straight in later in the series. My only gripe is that I wish they were longer, as I inevitably finish them too fast, so caught up in them that I cannot put them down. Well-written and excitingly plotted with likeable characters.

In a Glass Grimmly (Grimm series)
In a Glass Grimmly (Grimm series)
by Adam Gidwitz

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 19 July 2014
Bought this as a present for my mum, who enjoys a good children's story as much as anyone. Such fun! The different fairy-stories are cleverly brought together in a darkly humorous romp. Although it is the second in the series, it is a stand-alone, and it is not necessary to read the first book.

The Ace of Skulls (The Ketty Jay Book 4)
The Ace of Skulls (The Ketty Jay Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, exciting and completely unbelievable., 19 July 2014
Improbable? Wildly - but also great fun. I assume this is the finale - and a rip-roaring tale it is, too, full of fighting (and winning) against the odds. An exhilarating ride.

Much Ado About Nothing [DVD] [2012]
Much Ado About Nothing [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Amy Acker

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant fun!, 9 Jan 2014
I was really looking forward to this, and it did not disappoint. Joss Whedon does Shakespeare! What's not to love? I have the Kenneth Branagh/ Emma Thompson version of Much Ado, more traditional fare, but this was far funnier - Whedon is very good at humour. I think the modern setting did not detract, nor did the American accents. I liked the touch of it being filmed in Black and White: that can sometimes feel pretentious, but it worked. I watched it with the family (teenage son) and we laughed and laughed. I am a huge Shakespeare fan, and I think that he would approve of Joss Whedon's film.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9