Profile for Z. Khan > Reviews

Content by Z. Khan

Z. Khan (London, UK)

Premium Leather Cover Sleeve Case With Multi-Angle Smart Stand and Secure Closure for Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.4 Tab Pro 8.4 inch Tablet
Offered by itech-coodio

4.0 out of 5 stars Must Have for This Tablet, 30 Jun. 2014
If you have the Tab Pro 8.4 then this is a must have case for it. It's a perfect fit for the tablet and all buttons, ports, speakers and mics have room to breathe to do what they are supposed to. It's made of a decent material, not real leather but who cares.
The only downside is the angles which you can fix the tablet positions into when using it in stand mode. A further groove in which to rest the horizontal edge may have been desirable but honestly, this is an incredibly minor niggle.

HTS DESIRE GEL CASE
HTS DESIRE GEL CASE

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Desire, 19 May 2010
This review is from: HTS DESIRE GEL CASE (Electronics)
The silicone case/cover is prefect for the HTC Desire. It fits very snuggly around the phone.

My only ask is that it would be nice if the cover would go over the black edging surrounding the screen so that the edge of the screen protector film that I have is held more in place.

Having said that, no other silicon skin appears to do this and so far my screen protector has stayed very much in place.

Good product, very happy with it.

Manfrotto Modo Tripod
Manfrotto Modo Tripod

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, Functional and More Than Solid Enough, 4 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Manfrotto Modo Tripod (Camera)
Got this the other day. It is a very nice looking tripod - that is the first point. It doesn't look like the other ones which look more like some kind of weapon or implement of torture. No, this one looks very nicely designed.

Ok, now that the shallow part of my review is out of the way, here is the stuff you really need to know:

There have been a few reviews in which people have grumbled about the sturdiness of this tripod. It was a concern for me, but having picked up one of these in a shop and messed around with it, I found it to be very light which is of course quite an important factor. This however, does not diminish it's ability to be a sturdy platform for you camera(s). It almost goes without saying that a camcorder or a point and shoot camera is well looked after on one of theses, but what about DSLRs?

Well, I put my Nikon D80 with it's 18-200mm lens on the tripod and it was absolutely fine. I extended the lens to it's maximum zoom and again the tripd was fine. Rotating and locking the head in place at different angles was fine. Steady as a rock for me. I wonder if perhaps others did not engage the 'trigger' lock properly??

The one thing that is not so desirable is perhaps the fact that there is a little play in between the camera base attachment and the platform. It is minimal, but it could annoy some poeple. The trigger locking mechanism for the head also makes it a little difficult to perfectly balance the spirit level.

I'm very happy with it

Hama 16GB High Speed Pro Video 20MB/s SDHC Card - Class 6
Hama 16GB High Speed Pro Video 20MB/s SDHC Card - Class 6

4.0 out of 5 stars HD Camcorder SD Does The Job, 4 Sept. 2009
I know it's a bit difficult to write a review of one of these cards, but it does the job very well.

I used it with my Sanyo Full HD camcorder and there is no lag when writing to it or when starting up my next clip immediately. Also transfers very quickly to my PC

Decent price and a good spec card

Housse Etanche pour Appareil Photo (Compact)
Housse Etanche pour Appareil Photo (Compact)
Offered by Prime Scuba

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Under Water Photos and Video Clips, 29 May 2009
This 'sandwich bag' as my friend calls it is actually pretty amazing. It does exactly what it promises and is relatively cost effective.

Pop your camera into the bag, close the clips and then swim or roll around in the dirt, it's up to you. Took it to Kenya and got some awesome shots when we went snorkelling.

The only thing I'd be conscious about is the fact that when you come out of the water and try to take a picture, be aware that any water beading over where the lens is will obviously affect your pictures. Of course when dry or underwater this isn't an issue and you would be hard pressed to notice the camera is in the bag when you took the photo.

As mentioned by a previous reviewer, flash photos while your camera is in the bag isn't recommended because it reflects on the inside of the bag.

Philips AJ300DB/05 iPod Docking Station with wOOx Technology Speakers
Philips AJ300DB/05 iPod Docking Station with wOOx Technology Speakers

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Way to Wake Up or Just Listen To Music in the Bedroom, 29 May 2009
I got this yesterday and I have to say, I'm quite impressed with it. The unit is quite lovely to look at, the display is nice and clear and the sound is actually pretty good.

The remote control is so handy and works well. The volume goes pretty loud, but not so loud as to distort the audio and who needs anything louder for the bedroom?

Pros:
+Good sturdy unit which feels very well made
+Ipod charging, MP3 playback from the Ipod, radio tuner
+Good sound quality
+Functional small remote control
+Nice set of features overall
+Pleasant alarm gradually gets louder when waking up to radio or ipod music

Cons:
-There aren't many, but perhaps the display brightness could go down one more notch before going off. It is still quite bright when going to sleep in a dark room
-It would be nice if the display could show the title of the MP3 you're listening to.

I like it and I'm very pleased with it. I would NOT advise buying the newer model which has a DAB radio tuner in it. It's a waste of money and there is no remote control. Why on earth they took that away I have no idea.

***Update***
It may be just my unit, I really have to check with Philips, but it looks like if you don't actually manually turn off the alarm it will run and run and.... rrrun! Not the best, when say, oh I don't know... you go off for a weekend break! The volume ramping up and staying there is not so good then... not for one's neighbours.

Therefore, dropping to 2 stars... (which I can't seem to change above) So here you go: **

Purition Bodysculpt Wholefood Super-Shake Pistachio
Purition Bodysculpt Wholefood Super-Shake Pistachio

5.0 out of 5 stars As Good As A Wet Shave?, 1 Oct. 2008
Philips HQ7390/17 Williams F1 Mains Rechargeable Shaver
I'm the most sceptical person when it comes to electric shavers. I have resisted the girlfriend pushing me into buying one. Anyway, this one came down to a price (not on Amazon, sorry) and so I thought I would give it a try.

It is excellent. I mean, really... It's very quiet, very low vibration (if that is something that people worry about, I don't know) and really does a very good job. I was really surprised...

I like the fact that I can flip open the top and give it a good wash under a tap and there is no HUGE base station for cleaning. Seems low maintenance to me.

Anyway, that it... In summary, very close shave, easy to look after and does the job really well. And I have to point out, I have very thick hair so it's a bit of job even with a wet razor!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2011 8:29 PM BST

Minolta DiMAGE xt Digital Camera [3MP 3xOptical]
Minolta DiMAGE xt Digital Camera [3MP 3xOptical]

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultra Portable Good Quality Digital Camera, 12 Sept. 2003
I bought the Minolta Dimage XT camera recently and went on holiday with it. I have to say that the camera has certainly been worth the purchase. I bought it in the first place because I am one of these people that hates carrying around a bulky camera and as a result I hardly ever take any picture.
Well, with this camera that is never a problem. I took over 200 pictures on my recent trip away and several video clips. As with all digital cameras it's worth investing in a larger memory card. I got a 256MB SB Memory card as a result I can view the card in my PDA as well. The camera is lightweight and easy to use. It has all the functionality you expect and good quality pictures. And since the 3x zoom does not require the lens to extend from the body is a more solid camera in some respects. My other choice before purchase was the Pentex Optio S but I found the picture quality superior on the XT.
My only gripe is that in poor lighting it can take a while for the autofocus to adjust for the picture and you might miss a few shots. However, is reasonable to well lit scenarios you get very high quality pictures everytime. If you want a camera you can slip in your pocket and take print worthy pics with, this is certainly it.

Fuji FinePix 2600 Zoom Digital Camera  [2MP 3xOptical]
Fuji FinePix 2600 Zoom Digital Camera [2MP 3xOptical]

4.0 out of 5 stars And Excellent Camera With Two Drawbacks, 7 Jan. 2002
I bought this camera from Amazon just before Christmas. The camera is great, the quality of the picture is, I think, fantastic. Great colour depth and clarity. The camera also has a bunch of nice and useful features; such as different flash modes, timer, and white balance control.
However, there are two drawbacks that kind of dissappoint me. Firstly, the battery life is greatly reduced if you use the LCD much. Perhaps this is to be expected, but I thought it was there to BE USED! But, no problem because you don't HAVE to use it. The other grip is that it is somewhat bulky. Not overly so, but I would have thought it possible to cram all the good things about this camera into a smaller package.
All in all, a fantastic camera as long as you are comfortable with the draw backs. It's feature rich, easy to use, built well and the quality of the images is extremely good. This is a great camera for the price.