Profile for Marina > Reviews

The Breadmachine Bible
The Breadmachine Bible
by Anne Sheasby

2.0 out of 5 stars Marina, 9 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The Breadmachine Bible (Paperback)
When I bought this book I was hoping to see recipes designed specifically for a bread machine. Instead I found lots of recipes that utilize one single programme - kneading and rising cycle. All the rest is done separately (as in manually in the oven or on a baking cycle). Another big disappointment was the fact that many, many recipes are calling for bread mixes. The place where I live doesn't provide an assortiment of ready-made bread mixes and even if it did, baking bread at home is all about choosing your own flours. There aren't very many illustrations, so if you are hoping to see how your bread should actually look like, this book isn't the best choice. I did make a few recipes which were good, but I definitely wouldn't call this book a bible. If you are looking for something more comprehensive and really dedicated to various bread machine options (rather than one programme), I would recommend to look into other books.
P.S. If I could I would return this book.

The Breadmachine Bible: More Than 100 Recipes for Delicious Home Baking with Your Breadmachine
by Anne Sheasby

2.0 out of 5 stars Marina, 9 Feb. 2012
P.S. If I could I would return this book.

Bread: Baking by hand or bread machine
Bread: Baking by hand or bread machine
by Eric Treuille

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a treasure for any baker!, 9 Feb. 2012
I got this book when I purchased my bread machine and God did it make me thrilled about baking bread! Incredible illustrations for almost each recipe, preceded by a chapter full of most useful tips on how to bake bread - from showing a spread of all possible grains and toppings (with photo illustrations!) to telling how to obtain the best possible crust while baking in the oven. It also offers a recommendation on how to adjust a recipe for a bread machine, but I have to say I enjoy baking in the oven much more after reading it. This book is so motivational, it makes you want to take up bread baking. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone starting up bread baking or looking for a good combination of bread theory and delicious recipes.