Profile for Hilary Henry > Reviews

Gaggia Descaler Decalcifier (250ml) Bottle for Espresso Coffee Machines
Gaggia Descaler Decalcifier (250ml) Bottle for Espresso Coffee Machines
Offered by Remote Central

2.0 out of 5 stars Necessary but expensive, 2 April 2014
I love my Gaggia Baby Class but feel this Gaggia descaler decalcifier product, which is recommended to be used every month, is too expensive and also annoying having to regularly re-order and pay postage.... I understand that the Gaggia machines are expensive as they use best quality materials and technology....and I know they must be regularly descaled to maintain the equipment ...but can't a more economical, concentrated version of this descaler decalcifier be produced?

Catwalk Collection Leather Cross-Body Bag - Dispatch - Dark Blue
Catwalk Collection Leather Cross-Body Bag - Dispatch - Dark Blue
Offered by The Real Handbag Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Soooo Disappointed, 31 Mar 2014
This is my 3rd Catwalk bag. I loved the design and the excellent quality of leather and construction of my first bag so I purchased another. My 2nd bag still had lovely soft leather and appeared well constructed but unfortunately the clasp fell apart after 2 months. Amazon quickly organised a replacement but the leather feels thin and hard and the construction just doesn't look as neat. This is such a shame as this is one of the best designed handbags I have ever used with excellent space and security in a great looking bag. Please reconsider your quality control and if you can return to your lovely soft leather and good construction I will order more!

Fenwicks Citrus Fresh Toilet Cleaner - Green, 1 Litre
Fenwicks Citrus Fresh Toilet Cleaner - Green, 1 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Avoids the need for cleaning the toilet, 18 Jan 2014
Great product. You lightly spray the toilet bowl just before use and it coats the surface with a 'film' that stops anything sticking. After flushing, the bowl always looks clean. Lasts us for at least a month. Perfect for motorhomers and caravanners who can't use traditional cleaning products but want a clean loo. Unfortunately, when ordered, you currently receive the larger green trigger version of the product rather than the neater citrus squeezy bottle....both work, but size can be very important when storing stuff in small motorhomes and caravans.

LIGHTWEIGHT FOLDING TRANSIT/TRAVEL WHEELCHAIR IN A BAG NW 6.8KG AMW0036 FAST DELIVERY.

3.0 out of 5 stars not for the long term, 15 Aug 2013
Wheelchairs are often needed during unexpected and often difficult times, so seeing a 2 day delivery was helpful...However, an actual delivery date of 2 weeks was very unhelpful...I got the delivery speeded up to the next day but unfortunately we missed it as without a time of delivery (it must be signed for) I had nipped to the shops and my partner couldn't get to the door in time...more stress!... Eventually delivered and it is light enough for a 9 stone 60 yr old woman to carry, although I would have preferred it to fold even smaller for storage. It is not a very comfortable seat or ride but it does enable someone who is temporarily disabled a bit of mobility...not for the long term!

Letters from Father Christmas
Letters from Father Christmas
by J. R. R. Tolkien

3.0 out of 5 stars If it ain't broke don't fix it!, 14 Dec 2012
This is a beautiful Christmas book for any age....but why change the original larger 1976 format which was delightful and perfect for sharing...This new smaller version lacks the magic... but as I wanted to give each of my three now grown up children their own copy it will have to do.

The Tempur-Fit Mattress Protector - Super King
The Tempur-Fit Mattress Protector - Super King

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a glove, 9 Dec 2011
Despite the cost, I love my tempura mattress so wanted to make sure it was well protected...This cover fits snugly so you can feel the full effect of the mattress...and the fabric is amazing! I had thought the removable mattress cover itself was enough but when I queried Tempur they advised the protector. I bought the king size which I notice is no longer sold by Amazon. I haven't had the opportunity to check its 'waterproof' properties but I suspect it will react rather like modern outdoor wear.

I Can Make You Thin - Love Food, Lose Weight: New Full Colour Edition (includes free DVD and CD)
by Paul McKenna

5.0 out of 5 stars 16 months on...Nov 2011, 31 July 2010
Updating after nearly 4 years and yes I am still thin, eating whatever I want and enjoying my food more than ever! Having spent most of the past 61 years watching my weight and following fad diets I wish I had found this method sooner! Initially, I was wary...but I think a better description of the method would be 'learning a better eating behaviour'...a bit like training a child to wash their hands after they go to the toilet. Basically, you learn how to put your knife and fork/sandwich down after you have taken a bite of food... and then enjoy what you are eating...not picking up the knife and fork again until your mouth is empty. This slows down your eating and allows your body time to recognise it is satisfied and send the message to your brain that you are full. It is amazing how much less food you eat! There is a DVD, CD and book to explain how it works and remind you to follow the process...a bit like a parent explaining, then reminding the child to wash their hands until it becomes automatic. After about 2 weeks of listening to the CD I noticed the process of putting down my knife and fork was becoming automatic so I stopped listening. I continued logging my process in the book for the full 90 days as it was quick and enjoyable. This is not a diet, it is a simple effective way of learning the most efficient way to eat...and like hand washing after going to the toilet it is now automatic behaviour.