Profile for Lewis R > Reviews

Lewis R

Lexar Professional 500MB/s USB 3.0 Dual Slot Reader
Lexar Professional 500MB/s USB 3.0 Dual Slot Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What It Says!, 4 Oct 2013
Well, what can I say, it's the cards themselves that need to catch up to technology, now with USB 3 and such card readers quoting a half GB a second, card speeds commercially available only go up to around 150MB/s, so we'll see when faster cards come out how well this stands up to them, but having used this on a Transcend 128Gb 1000x card, the fastest they make, I reached 130Mb/s so I am definitely not complaining at that!

Transcend Information 128GB Compact flash Card - TS128GCF1000 (160/120 MB/s)
Transcend Information 128GB Compact flash Card - TS128GCF1000 (160/120 MB/s)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Value 128Gb Card At This Speed!, 4 Oct 2013
Purchased this for my professional Canon Camcorder which I use to shoot weddings for my business, it shoots at 50Mbps and therefore uses up memory fast, and needs something to write fast as a result. After looking around and being given the choices of either really cheap (with bad reviews) never-heard-before brands or the overprices SanDisk range which want hundreds more, or Transcend who have a great reputation, after seeing the price of this card there was no more hesitating.

I use a USB 3.0 card reader connected to USB 3.0 ports, therefore utilising the potential of this card, and my data transfers onto my PC at around 100-130mbps. That's under 10 seconds per Gb! And more than enough speed to take my 50mbps bitrate.

Genuine Amaray Blu-Ray Double (2) Disc Storage Cases - 14mm Spine - (10 Pack)
Genuine Amaray Blu-Ray Double (2) Disc Storage Cases - 14mm Spine - (10 Pack)
Offered by Media Replication

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality - But NOT AS SHOWN IN THE PICTURE!, 4 Oct 2013
Bought these for wedding blu-rays for my business, but while this picture shows the product as having an extra disc tray that flips inside the case, it does not, and in fact the other disc tray is on the left side, and the leaflet area is instead replaced by the disc tray. Just so you are aware, you will get a case that, when opened, will have a disc slot on both sides and you won't get the flip-out tray shown, nor the leaflet binding on the left side. Other than that, great quality and identical to those used by Hollywood.

RØDE Deadcat Furry Windshield Microphone
RØDE Deadcat Furry Windshield Microphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Wind Reduction, 3 Oct 2013
Bought this for my Canon XF100 camcorder. It is professional, I am semi-pro myself, and since purchase have used it outside in windy conditions and it has cancelled it beyond any noticeable levels. Of course, don't expect it to cancel out wind of all strengths, but for the price it does an excellent job of doing so. It is big enough to cover my NTG-2 Rode shotgun mic, but won't cover mics longer than this.

94703 NEW 2012 MODEL LUXURY BLACK PU LEATHER HIGH BACK EXECUTIVE SWIVEL OFFICE CHAIR WITH RECLINING LOCKING SYSTEM/ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT WITH SILVER HANDLES <<<THT Trade 12 Months Warranty>>>

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy Yet Supportive, 3 Oct 2013
I spent a while recently looking for a computer chair since all I had was a really basic old office one which only supported my lower back and was no good for the hours I spend in front of the computer. I was on a serious budget and quickly realised without spending over £100 I wasn't going to get anything REALLY good.

But I decided to go for the risk and get this one, liking the fact it had good padding, height adjustment and tilt. When it arrived I had to screw the arm rests in to each of the two main chair parts. This wasn't easy since not all screw holes were perfectly lined up but after some gripping and muscle, got all screws in their threads properly. As such, those who are old and weak may struggle without help of a stronger family member or friend, but in all fairness it wasn't a massive struggle.

The instructions are simple and rather bland, but it was easy enough to put it together. Once set up, the left lever controls the tilt and the right lever controls the seat height. Make sure you are aware of what height you will require the chair to be at and if the tilt is enough for you. The tilt does not go anywhere near a lie down position, but it is decent to relax on. I would estimate it tilts back around 30-35 degrees.

It is comfy yet not overly padded (not that I would mind a little more padding), but the padding that is there is nice and it feels like pretty good quality. Obviously for the price you aren't going to get high-end Mercedes class leather seats, but I really can't fault it, and after several weeks of heavy usage, it doesn't, thankfully, seem to be letting up on its' performance. Seriously worth considering if on a budget.

Cables To Go 0.5m Pro-Audio XLR Male to XLR Female
Cables To Go 0.5m Pro-Audio XLR Male to XLR Female

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly - And Cheap!, 3 Oct 2013
Purchased this recently for use on a professional Canon XF100 camcorder. At this cable length, it is fine for operating between your on-board XLR connections and an on-camera microphone. In other words, for those who operate solely or require a small cable length for their mics. Even though cheap, it has worked fine for 2 weddings recording onto a Rode NT-2 mic.

TeckNet® New iPad 4, iPad 3 Premium Folio Case / Cover and Flip Stand & Magnetic Auto-Sleep Included Screen Protector and stylus pen - Black
Offered by TECKNET

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality And Great Fit, 3 Oct 2013
Purchased this for my iPad 4, took a few minutes to work out how to connect it up and my iPad fitted into it perfectly, very tight but easy enough to take out again if required. The stand works perfectly, just make sure it is properly clicked into place to ensure it won't fall then you're free to leave it for as long as you want and it will stay standing. It isn't particularly padded, and is designed to offer style and practicality, but it includes a screen protector which will protect against minimal surface scratches.

Overall, a very worthwhile buy if you're looking for a stand and a small degree of protection.

Replacement Battery for Canon BP-955 - ( 5200mAh )
Replacement Battery for Canon BP-955 - ( 5200mAh )
Offered by Elite Electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to do the job, 21 Mar 2013
Bought this as a cheap alternative for video recording on my Canon XF100. I performed one test where I left the battery in once fully charged to record until it ran out. It lasted around 5 hours which was good, however there were a few hiccups:

1. It didn't always charge correctly when in the Canon charger - a couple of times it simply stopped within a few minutes, although I took it out and put it back in and it charged to full after that.

2. The intelligent battery life meter doesn't work - it states a full battery every time when pressed even though this is clearly false.

3. My camera did not read the remaining time on the battery - the battery bars went down quicker than it should (which is wrong as the battery still lasted for hours beyond this) and most crucially, the time remaining, accurate to one minute, did not display at all.

As a result, not advised for professionals, but a good alternative for someone on a budget. If you buy one, make sure you have at least another as back up. I intend to use my official Canon battery first, then replace with this when it tells me I'm running low, and give it 75% of the time it should last until I swap it for a fresh battery in order to be sure.

It's risky, but I'm not willing to give Canon £150-£200 for the real deal just yet.

Hoya 58mm HMC Haze UV Filter
Hoya 58mm HMC Haze UV Filter
Offered by CameraKing

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality and Cheap, 24 May 2012
This product is the official Hoya Filter as described and does the job well. It mainly acts as a protector for lenses from dust, dirt, scratches and UV light. It also helps to reduce haze. There are many different types but for a basic filter that protects then this is what I recommend. From Jessops it goes for around £25 or so, so this is great value.

SanDisk SDSDU-064G-U46 64 GB Ultra 30 MB/s Class 10 SDXC Memory Card (Label May Change)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Value 64Gb Card Around, 24 May 2012
After realising I needed something bigger than my current 8Gb card for my DSLR, I started looking around for 64Gb cards at a high read/write speed of at least 20Mb/s. I found a lot of these cards were expensive, 32Gb cards were asking for around £40 and above and the cheapest 64Gb cards were well above that, apart from Play.com where this card was going cheap. Pleasantly surprised but knowing it's always better to shop around, I compared the card on Play to the card on Amazon and found Amazon to be a few quid cheaper. The product itself is excellent, recording full 1080p HD video at 25fps from my DSLR with absolutely no problems for long periods of time. Fully recommended and at value I cannot find anywhere else.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2014 9:01 AM GMT