Profile for Geeky Geek > Reviews

Content by Geeky Geek

Geeky Geek

Infidelity And Life After The Affair: 21 Experts Share How To Save Your Marriage Without Counseling When Your Spouse Cheats

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant! Really helped me., 24 Jun 2011
After going through a challenging time with my partner after they had an affair, I wasn't sure what I should do. Of course, my friends told me to move on, and I certainly didn't fancy counselling. I knew that I needed to work things out for myself, and then decide what to do. Thanks to the Kindle, my partner didn't even know I got this...and I'm very glad I did as it put my mind at rest because I still love them and really want to make things work - and just move on. For me, an essential read...and if you're in the same boat as me, then this book is absolutely worth getting!

The Poetics of Aristotle [Illustrated]
The Poetics of Aristotle [Illustrated]

5.0 out of 5 stars Where art theory began, 18 May 2011
This book (or perhaps just a portion of Aristotle's lecture notes) remains the acorn of an oak of subjects, from art criticism to playwriting to poetry. This is a clear, accurate translation (it helped me pass a test in Ancient Greek; and people who really know assure me)

The Art of War [Illustrated]
The Art of War [Illustrated]

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic must have book, 18 May 2011
There are countless interpretations of Sun Tzu's classic treatise The Art of War. I've read several of these ranging from weighty scholarly treatments to lighter volumes of easier to digest materials. Of all of these, however, I chose this version as my favorite. Clavell has made Sun Tzu's message succinct and meaningful to anyone who might pick up this book. Lessons are applicable in the board room, on the golf course, and anywhere real-life rears its head. This work is usable by anyone in almost any strata of world society.

Far From the Madding Crowd [Illustrated]
Far From the Madding Crowd [Illustrated]

5.0 out of 5 stars HARDY CLASSIC, 18 May 2011
Hardy's novel, I was surprised to find, lacked the sluggishness and wordiness sometimes found in nineteenth-century novels. His story moves just quickly enough to keep the reader hooked (an advantage, given that the novel was originally a serial) while giving a great deal of thought to the characters and their motivations and sentiments. Hardy's characters are generally well-formed and believable. An excellent read.

The Tinder-Box and Other Stories [Illustrated]
The Tinder-Box and Other Stories [Illustrated]

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff,, 18 May 2011
It was definitely what i expected. For just a penny, i thought the book was in great condition and arrived on time and i really used it for my classes. Overall I was incredibly satisfied!!

Work From Home "You can do"
Work From Home "You can do"
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great great book on how to work online, 16 May 2011
In my search for work at home positions I came across this book and was impressed with the abundance of information listed, especially for online jobs which was making it easier for me. Once I saw they had written a comprehensive guide for those of us that want to work at home, I purchased the book. I'm glad I did,
This has allot of legwork researching legitimate companies and providing us with sound advice and guidelines in a down-to-earth, realistic manner. This book is definitely a must read for anyone considering a home based job.